Central Italy has been inundated by floods after days of torrential rain. The governor of Tuscany has called in the army to help after dozens were forced to leave their homes and roads and bridges were swept away.
At least one person is known to have been killed.
The Italian Red Cross has sent 150 volunteers to the regions affected and has set up emergency food kitchens.
The torrential rain means rivers have burst their banks and has exposed problems with drainage systems.
Nearly three-quarters of historic city of Venice is underwater, including St Mark’s Square. The city’s environment officer is blaming climate change, while Italy’s Environment Minister has called for a maintenance programme for the regions.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 14International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 15eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 16Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 17Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 00:06 CET Mali pro-government militias seize northern town amid clashes
- 23:05 CET Violence erupts after funeral of Baltimore man who died in police…
- 22:12 CET Gunman kills Bosnian policeman in apparent Islamist attack
- 21:47 CET Three car bombs kill 19 in Baghdad
- 20:39 CET Stage set for landmark U.S. Supreme Court gay marriage arguments
- 20:18 CET U.S., Japan unveil new defence guidelines for global Japanese role
- 20:13 CET Islamic State kills five journalists working for Libyan TV station…
- 20:01 CET Mexico’s ruling PRI leads field ahead of mid-term vote – poll