At least 42 Kenyan police officers have been killed by thieves stealing cattle.
Officials claim the robbers used sophisticated weapons such as rocket-propelled grenades during an ambush at the weekend.
The death toll has been rising since Saturday, with more and more bodies discovered in the forest.
The ambush happened in Suguta Valley, part of Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. The killers are believed to be from Turkana – also in the Great Rift Valley.
Several people, including officers, are being treated in hospital and members of the force are still missing.
It is the deadliest attack on police in Kenya.
Cattle thieves killed 13 people in a neighbouring community during another raid two weeks ago.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Further gunfire, but also war of words over crisis in Ukraine
- 2Kenya government vows to hunt down al-Shabaab bus attack killers
- 3Rival warnings echo growing US-Russia gulf over Ukraine
- 4Recording of Philae probe landing on Comet 67P released
- 5Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 17:47 CET Thai king meets PM, ministers easing health concerns
- 17:46 CET Burundi opposition calls for postponement of voter registration
- 17:25 CET Dutch complete recovery of MH17 wreckage – government
- 17:21 CET Fighters from Syrian al Qaeda wing close in on Shi’ite village
- 16:44 CET Iraqi Kurds prepare Sinjar mountain offensive
- 16:40 CET UPDATE 4-Tunisians vote for first freely elected president of…
- 16:36 CET Over 800 seaborne migrants saved in Italy, northern Cyprus
- 16:33 CET Israeli cabinet approves Jewish nation-state law