Supermodel Heidi Klum got into a circus mood for this year’s MTV Europe music awards at Frankfurt’s
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift shared the main spoils, each scooping three prizes at one of the biggest nights in the pop calendar.
The 22-year-old American country singer won Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
The Canadian teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber matched Swift’s tally, claiming Best Male for the second year in a row as well as Best Pop and Best World Stage.
Fellow Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen went home with two awards – Best Song for “Call Me Maybe” and the bizarrely-named Best Push that recognises up-and-coming talent.
Best Video was perhaps no surprise, given to the South Korean dance sensation Psy for his record-breaking hit Gangnam Style.
It has been viewed more than 670 million times on
YouTube and received a record-breaking 4.9 million “likes” on Facebook since being released in July.
Rihanna, who led the nominations with six, failed to pick up a single award this time.
- 1Bitola: from macchiatos to mosaics
- 2‘Just extraordinary’ – Martha Argerich and the Lucerne Festival Orchestra pay homage to Claudio Abbado
- 3Billy Gibbons goes solo and David Bowie has a new single
- 4Much more than a concert hall – insights from the Chairman of Philharmonie de Paris
- 5Sufragette – a film which reflects a milestone in British history
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3International news | euronews, latest international news
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 19Latest sport news
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad