Supermodel Heidi Klum got into a circus mood for this year’s MTV Europe music awards at Frankfurt’s
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift shared the main spoils, each scooping three prizes at one of the biggest nights in the pop calendar.
The 22-year-old American country singer won Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
The Canadian teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber matched Swift’s tally, claiming Best Male for the second year in a row as well as Best Pop and Best World Stage.
Fellow Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen went home with two awards – Best Song for “Call Me Maybe” and the bizarrely-named Best Push that recognises up-and-coming talent.
Best Video was perhaps no surprise, given to the South Korean dance sensation Psy for his record-breaking hit Gangnam Style.
It has been viewed more than 670 million times on
YouTube and received a record-breaking 4.9 million “likes” on Facebook since being released in July.
Rihanna, who led the nominations with six, failed to pick up a single award this time.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest le mag news
Learning circus skills in a danger zone
Traditional music festival fills Samarkand with oriental melodies
Derbent celebrates 2,000 years of history and multiculturalism
Culture by the Black Sea at Bulgaria’s Apollonia festival
Wondaland artists use ‘sound as a weapon’ for Black Lives Matters