Supermodel Heidi Klum got into a circus mood for this year’s MTV Europe music awards at Frankfurt’s
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift shared the main spoils, each scooping three prizes at one of the biggest nights in the pop calendar.
The 22-year-old American country singer won Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
The Canadian teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber matched Swift’s tally, claiming Best Male for the second year in a row as well as Best Pop and Best World Stage.
Fellow Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen went home with two awards – Best Song for “Call Me Maybe” and the bizarrely-named Best Push that recognises up-and-coming talent.
Best Video was perhaps no surprise, given to the South Korean dance sensation Psy for his record-breaking hit Gangnam Style.
It has been viewed more than 670 million times on
YouTube and received a record-breaking 4.9 million “likes” on Facebook since being released in July.
Rihanna, who led the nominations with six, failed to pick up a single award this time.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
- 3The misguided decisions of a Danish Captain in Oscar nominated Krigen
- 4Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
- 5The Survivalist charts ruthlessness of a post-apocalyptic world
- 1Inside a ceramic master’s workshop
- 2Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
- 314-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 4Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
- 5Shift of focus: Refugees take the spotlight at the Berlin Film Festival
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
latest le mag news
Madame X takes to the stage in Strapless, a Royal Ballet production inspired by a scandalous painting
Vogue celebrates its 100th birthday in style at London’s National Portrait Gallery
Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
New York Fashion Week sees bloggers step to the fore
Jimi Hendrix’s London flat opens to the public