Supermodel Heidi Klum got into a circus mood for this year’s MTV Europe music awards at Frankfurt’s
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift shared the main spoils, each scooping three prizes at one of the biggest nights in the pop calendar.
The 22-year-old American country singer won Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
The Canadian teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber matched Swift’s tally, claiming Best Male for the second year in a row as well as Best Pop and Best World Stage.
Fellow Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen went home with two awards – Best Song for “Call Me Maybe” and the bizarrely-named Best Push that recognises up-and-coming talent.
Best Video was perhaps no surprise, given to the South Korean dance sensation Psy for his record-breaking hit Gangnam Style.
It has been viewed more than 670 million times on
YouTube and received a record-breaking 4.9 million “likes” on Facebook since being released in July.
Rihanna, who led the nominations with six, failed to pick up a single award this time.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place