One of the main attractions on the opening day of the 22nd edition of Fashion Rio was Brazilian designer Alexandre Herchcovitch’s 2013 winter collection.
While bikinis are considered Brazil’s bread and butter, the country’s designers are not short of ideas for winter.
Herchcovitch, who also exhibited at New York Fashion Week, mixed ethnic elements with a retro-futuristic look, an unusual combination but one which fashionistas say worked.
The designer’s trademark jeans were not left out; he teamed them with ponchos and coats.
Another exotic combination was his colours – pinks, greens, reds, blues, greys and silver sometimes appeared in the same look.
Behind the scenes at Daniele Schwartz’s Oh Boy 2013 collection, there was the usual hive of activity with make-up artists and hairstylists putting last minute touches.
Schwartz says her inspiration came from a popular photo sharing app, Instagram.
It was a riot of crazy designs, stripes, textured fabrics, colourful short dresses and jumpsuits. A real dog and cat were even used as carried accessories.
- 1Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 2Jonathan Yeo adopts actress Cara Delevingne for new exhibition
- 314-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 4Meryl Streep to lead the way at Berlin Film Festival
- 5Postcards from Uzbekistan: The historic beauty of Rishtan ceramics
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 15Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 16smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Hollande and Obama step up pressure on climate change ahead of COP21
latest le mag news
Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
Maverick fashion designer John Varvatos: ‘Is rock dead?‘
Rachel Platten takes ‘Wildfire’ on tour
Jonathan Yeo adopts actress Cara Delevingne for new exhibition
Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video