One of the main attractions on the opening day of the 22nd edition of Fashion Rio was Brazilian designer Alexandre Herchcovitch’s 2013 winter collection.
While bikinis are considered Brazil’s bread and butter, the country’s designers are not short of ideas for winter.
Herchcovitch, who also exhibited at New York Fashion Week, mixed ethnic elements with a retro-futuristic look, an unusual combination but one which fashionistas say worked.
The designer’s trademark jeans were not left out; he teamed them with ponchos and coats.
Another exotic combination was his colours – pinks, greens, reds, blues, greys and silver sometimes appeared in the same look.
Behind the scenes at Daniele Schwartz’s Oh Boy 2013 collection, there was the usual hive of activity with make-up artists and hairstylists putting last minute touches.
Schwartz says her inspiration came from a popular photo sharing app, Instagram.
It was a riot of crazy designs, stripes, textured fabrics, colourful short dresses and jumpsuits. A real dog and cat were even used as carried accessories.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest le mag news
Culture by the Black Sea at Bulgaria’s Apollonia festival
Wondaland artists use ‘sound as a weapon’ for Black Lives Matters
Argentina’s World Tango Championships bigger than ever
UN says let there be light as “Until the Sun Comes Up” opens campaign year
Larssen “Dragon Tattoo” sequel publishing event of the year