Olympic gold medal winner Bradley Wiggins has been released from hospital after breaking a rib and finger in a collision with a van close to his home in Lancashire on Wednesday.
The 32 year old, a father of two, was thrown off his bike when a white Vauxhall Astra Envoy is thought to have pulled out of a petrol station and collided with him.
According to reports, Police will now question the driver of the white van who was uninjured in the collision.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 3Ajax and PSV in final-day duel for Dutch title
- 4Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 5Woods misses Wells Fargo, says ‘no idea’ about tournament return
- 1Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 2Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 3Preview Champions League: Manchester City v Real Madrid
- 4Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
- 5The world’s greatest goalscorer – remembering Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas
Wires > Sport
- 14:14 CET Leicester cannot repeat their title glory – Ranieri
- 13:58 CET Flame lands in Brazil for 90-day relay to Games
- 13:53 CET Hiddink condemns Chelsea-Spurs post-match scuffle
- 13:43 CET Kosovo becomes member of UEFA, paves way for FIFA application
- 13:37 CET Leicester’s Thai owners vow to keep unlikely title-winners together
- 13:17 CET Cherries continue to turn red as salaries rise
- 13:14 CET Leicester’s Premier League fairytale makes papers worldwide
- 13:07 CET King’s Cup returns as co-sanctioned event in Thailand