Olympic gold medal winner Bradley Wiggins has been released from hospital after breaking a rib and finger in a collision with a van close to his home in Lancashire on Wednesday.
The 32 year old, a father of two, was thrown off his bike when a white Vauxhall Astra Envoy is thought to have pulled out of a petrol station and collided with him.
According to reports, Police will now question the driver of the white van who was uninjured in the collision.
Wires > Sport
- 10:47 CET Wales call winger Walker into squad
- 09:54 CET Coleman ready to extend Wales contract but wants changes
- 07:52 CET O’Connor released by Reds due to personal issues
- 04:36 CET Warner confident he will be fit for New Zealand series
- 04:04 CET Pacquiao looking to return to ring early next year
- 03:19 CET Bolt aiming to crack 19 seconds in 200 metres
- 00:33 CET Hamilton heeds his father’s words as title nears
- 23:47 CET Ukraine into Euro play-offs after Spain defeat