Olympic gold medal winner Bradley Wiggins has been released from hospital after breaking a rib and finger in a collision with a van close to his home in Lancashire on Wednesday.
The 32 year old, a father of two, was thrown off his bike when a white Vauxhall Astra Envoy is thought to have pulled out of a petrol station and collided with him.
According to reports, Police will now question the driver of the white van who was uninjured in the collision.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 21:55 CET China’s Qiu equals Louganis record
- 21:28 CET Gomez wins in Rio amid concern over roads
- 21:04 CET Arsenal get morale-boosting win over Chelsea
- 20:24 CET Drucker wins RideLondon-Surrey classic
- 20:19 CET De Jong double lifts PSV to Dutch Super Cup glory
- 19:43 CET Athletics roiled by mass doping allegations after blood test leak
- 18:38 CET Italy’s Berlusconi agrees AC Milan stake sale by end Sept
- 17:34 CET Jorgensen wins 12th race in a row in Rio