Shaktar Donetsk retained their top spot ingroup E of the Champions League despite losing 3-2 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge while Italian giants Juventusthumped Nordsjaelland 4-0 thanks to goals from Marchisio, Vidal, Giovinco and Quagliarella.
In group F, Peru striker Claudio Pizarro scored a hat trick to earnBayern Munichan incredible6-1 win over French side Lille at the Allianz Arena and thisresult sees the Bavariansretain top spot thanks to a better goal difference over Valencia.
Elsewhere, Celtic celebrated their125th birthday with astunning 2-1 win over Barcelona in front of their home fans. The Scottish champions are now two points behind the Catalans in the table with Benfica lying in third place following their 2-0 win over Spartak Moscow.
In group H, Manchester United overturned a one goal deficit and weathered a temporary floodlight failure to down Braga 3-1 and make it through to the knockout phase.
Meanwhile, former Trabzonspor forward Burak Yilmaznetted three goalsto help Galatasaray to their first Champions League away victory in a decade with a 3-1win overCluj.
- 1Euro 2016: Portugal, Poland and Wales through to quarter-finals
- 2Euro 2016: Hungary win Group F, Iceland and Portugal also reach last 16
- 3England exit via Iceland; Italy knock out holders Spain
- 4Euro 2016: Griezmann saves France blushes, World Champs Germany in cruise control as Red Devils of Belgium too hot to handle
- 5Euro 2016 Poland v Portugal preview
Wires > Sport
- 17:17 CET British players are pretty good, says new hero Evans
- 17:12 CET Oh ye of little faith! Deano’s parking woe
- 17:07 CET Barcelona agree with Lyon on Umtiti transfer
- 17:04 CET Out-of-contract Caceres leaves Juventus
- 16:57 CET Barcelona want to tie Messi, Neymar and Mascherano to longer deals
- 16:50 CET Belgium’s Vertonghen injured on eve of Wales clash
- 16:41 CET Italy face tactical challenges because of injuries, suspension
- 16:14 CET France forced to experiment for tricky Iceland game