Shaktar Donetsk retained their top spot ingroup E of the Champions League despite losing 3-2 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge while Italian giants Juventusthumped Nordsjaelland 4-0 thanks to goals from Marchisio, Vidal, Giovinco and Quagliarella.
In group F, Peru striker Claudio Pizarro scored a hat trick to earnBayern Munichan incredible6-1 win over French side Lille at the Allianz Arena and thisresult sees the Bavariansretain top spot thanks to a better goal difference over Valencia.
Elsewhere, Celtic celebrated their125th birthday with astunning 2-1 win over Barcelona in front of their home fans. The Scottish champions are now two points behind the Catalans in the table with Benfica lying in third place following their 2-0 win over Spartak Moscow.
In group H, Manchester United overturned a one goal deficit and weathered a temporary floodlight failure to down Braga 3-1 and make it through to the knockout phase.
Meanwhile, former Trabzonspor forward Burak Yilmaznetted three goalsto help Galatasaray to their first Champions League away victory in a decade with a 3-1win overCluj.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Japan complete team double on final day of Judo World Championships
Vuelta: Dumoulin wins Stage 9 for overall lead as Froome finishes second
World Athletics Championships: final day round-up
Chavas retains red as Stuyven wins crash-hit Vuelta stage
Bolt celebrates triple triumph at world championships
Wires > Sport
- 20:57 CET Nishikori falls in first round upset at U.S. Open
- 20:39 CET West Brom sign goalkeeper Lindegaard from Man United
- 20:37 CET Former cyclist Pendleton second in first ride
- 20:36 CET Ivanovic crashes out of U.S. Open in first round upset
- 19:50 CET Morgan leads England to dramatic win over Aussies
- 19:48 CET Portugal defender Rolando joins Marseille
- 19:32 CET Pirelli to reveal Vettel tyre conclusions at Monza
- 19:29 CET Leverkusen swoop for Man United striker Hernandez