Shaktar Donetsk retained their top spot ingroup E of the Champions League despite losing 3-2 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge while Italian giants Juventusthumped Nordsjaelland 4-0 thanks to goals from Marchisio, Vidal, Giovinco and Quagliarella.
In group F, Peru striker Claudio Pizarro scored a hat trick to earnBayern Munichan incredible6-1 win over French side Lille at the Allianz Arena and thisresult sees the Bavariansretain top spot thanks to a better goal difference over Valencia.
Elsewhere, Celtic celebrated their125th birthday with astunning 2-1 win over Barcelona in front of their home fans. The Scottish champions are now two points behind the Catalans in the table with Benfica lying in third place following their 2-0 win over Spartak Moscow.
In group H, Manchester United overturned a one goal deficit and weathered a temporary floodlight failure to down Braga 3-1 and make it through to the knockout phase.
Meanwhile, former Trabzonspor forward Burak Yilmaznetted three goalsto help Galatasaray to their first Champions League away victory in a decade with a 3-1win overCluj.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 23:02 CET Firestone a perfect place for Tiger to salvage season
- 22:47 CET Malaysian Formula E race postponed at PM’s request
- 22:15 CET Premier League to use vanishing spray from this season
- 22:14 CET Lukaku leaves Chelsea to join Everton in £28 million deal
- 22:09 CET I need a hug, says Scolari on Gremio return
- 21:55 CET Argentine FA chief, FIFA executive Grondona dies
- 19:44 CET Nadal withdraws from Toronto, Cincinnati with injury
- 18:52 CET U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark