Shaktar Donetsk retained their top spot ingroup E of the Champions League despite losing 3-2 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge while Italian giants Juventusthumped Nordsjaelland 4-0 thanks to goals from Marchisio, Vidal, Giovinco and Quagliarella.
In group F, Peru striker Claudio Pizarro scored a hat trick to earnBayern Munichan incredible6-1 win over French side Lille at the Allianz Arena and thisresult sees the Bavariansretain top spot thanks to a better goal difference over Valencia.
Elsewhere, Celtic celebrated their125th birthday with astunning 2-1 win over Barcelona in front of their home fans. The Scottish champions are now two points behind the Catalans in the table with Benfica lying in third place following their 2-0 win over Spartak Moscow.
In group H, Manchester United overturned a one goal deficit and weathered a temporary floodlight failure to down Braga 3-1 and make it through to the knockout phase.
Meanwhile, former Trabzonspor forward Burak Yilmaznetted three goalsto help Galatasaray to their first Champions League away victory in a decade with a 3-1win overCluj.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 5El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
Wires > Sport
- 15:04 CET Nadal breezes into last eight with comfortable win
- 13:22 CET Maldonado clears the air with Gutierrez
- 12:40 CET Liverpool fans need to stay calm for run-in, says Suarez
- 11:00 CET Jet-setter Westwood grabs early Malaysian Open lead
- 09:45 CET ‘Prince of Wales’ targets three crowns after Cup stunner
- 07:28 CET Australia women’s coach sacked before AFC Cup defence
- 07:04 CET Brazil unveils $10 billion infrastructure budget for Rio Olympics
- 06:11 CET Sturridge a doubt for Liverpool’s trip to Norwich