In some places in the US, there were too many voters and not enough places to vote.
In San Francisco they chose an unusual but politically appropriate site for the ballot. Among others, the Neptune Society Columbarium houses the ashes of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California.
“I kind of like it,” claimed one voter, “the occupants here are very, very quiet. They bother nobody, they’re not registered.”
Meanwhile, the only spin was from the machines at a launderette-turned-polling station in Chicago.
“You really don’t pay attention to what’s going on back there, although every year I keep saying I am going to bring my laundry and do it while I am here. But I never do.” said one voter.
And in sun-kissed California you could catch a wave and cast your vote at the same time.
“This is the best place in the world to vote.” said one woman, “I’m so excited to live here and vote right at the beach.”
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Five more years for Bouteflika
- 4Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 5Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 08:59 CET Search resumes after Everest’s worst climbing tragedy
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status