Although Mitt Romney remains tight-lipped about his future, many predict he is preparing for the political wilderness.
He gave noclue as to his long-term plans when he conceded defeat but he did plea for an end tobipartisan bickering among government leaders.
“The nation as you know is at a critical point. At a
time like this we can’t risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people’s work. And
we citizens also have to rise to the occasion,” said the former Republican presidential candidate.
This was Romney’s second unsuccessful bid for theWhite House. Even though he is one of the richest people to ever run for the presidency, he may not now have enough political capital left to convince his fellow conservatives that he can mount another challenge in four years.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 3War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 4Exhumations at suspected Serbia mass grave begin
- 5Transnistria territorially tempting to Russia
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 11:45 CET Libya faces enormous security challenge – U.S. diplomat
- 11:16 CET Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- 10:56 CET U.N. Security Council members considering South Sudan sanctions
- 09:26 CET Three foreigners killed in attack in Afghan hospital – security…
- 09:25 CET Wage talks resume as South Africa platinum strike marks 13th week
- 08:36 CET Historic canonisation of two popes brings joy and controversy
- 07:48 CET Exclusive – Marubeni says Chinese authorities detain three staff…
- 07:03 CET Pakistan fighter jets target militant hideouts near Afghan border