“American Pie” actor Jason Biggs stars in new film “Grassroots,” which tells the true story of an out-of-work journalist, Phil Campbell, who gets roped into managing the political campaign of his friend Grant Cogswell, played by Joel David Moore.
An inspiring tale of two unknowns with hardly any political experience taking on the big-wig politicians; it’s a film that director Stephen Gyllenhaal wanted to make to show that anyone is capable of leading a nation.
Despite being inspired by the 2008 elections, Biggs admitted that working on the film opened his eyes and encouraged him to pay even more attention to politics.
“Grassroots,” which also stars Cedric the Entertainer, hits movie theatres in the UK and Ireland in November.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
latest cinema news
A conversation with Michel Ciment, film critic and chief editor of French film magazine “Positif”
Top animators collaborate on Kahlil Gibran’s ‘The Prophet’
‘La Isla Minima’ superbly crafted drama is a Goya galático
Venice announces starry Lido line-up
‘Pennies’: A story of Palestinian child beggars