“American Pie” actor Jason Biggs stars in new film “Grassroots,” which tells the true story of an out-of-work journalist, Phil Campbell, who gets roped into managing the political campaign of his friend Grant Cogswell, played by Joel David Moore.
An inspiring tale of two unknowns with hardly any political experience taking on the big-wig politicians; it’s a film that director Stephen Gyllenhaal wanted to make to show that anyone is capable of leading a nation.
Despite being inspired by the 2008 elections, Biggs admitted that working on the film opened his eyes and encouraged him to pay even more attention to politics.
“Grassroots,” which also stars Cedric the Entertainer, hits movie theatres in the UK and Ireland in November.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern