In just a few hours we will find out who is elected to be President of the United States of America for the next four years and euronews will guide you through the results throughout the night.
Our teams of journalists in 11 languages will cover the event, backed up by our technical and logistical support.
We will be back and forth to the US to speak live to our two correspondents in the US, Stefan Grobe in Chicago and Paul Hackett in Boston.
As always, euronews will be following events from a European perspective. To help decipher the information as it comes in we have 13 expert guests to enhance our coverage from our Brussels office: Ian Lesser (English language), Patrick Delfosse and Eric Remacle (France), Hans-Jürgen Moritz (Germany), Lorenzo Consoli (Italy), Paloma Lloret Miralles (Spain), Daniel do Rosário (Portugal), Arkady Sokholutsky (Russia), Dr. Adel Fakih (Arabic language), Seda Gurkan and Demir Murat Seyrek (Turkey), Feria Mohebbi (Persian language), Vasyle Belmega (Ukraine).
To help paint a picture of the atmosphere in the US, the night’s coverage will be punctuated by several no comment lives, to help you see for yourselves what’s going on without commentary.
You can also follow the night on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
Results will start to come in at 02:00 CET and we will update our results map on our special US election page as the data arrives and the victor begins to emerge.
Also on this special page, you will find explanations of all things electoral in the US, the latest US news and analysis as well as photos, videos found on the net, cartoons and our dedicated Tumblr…
So join us at 02:00 CET for the results and before then for the build-up….
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Heavy fighting in Donetsk; possible mass grave discovered
- 2Catalan independence put on hold: constitutional court suspends vote
- 3Migrant deaths in Mediterranean reach a record 3,072 in 2014
- 4Spain: Constitutional court votes to suspend Catalonia independence referendum
- 5Denmark bridge collapse blocks motorway
- 1Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel
- 2Update: Emma Watson nude photos threat may be elaborate PR stunt
- 3Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’
- 4Teenage ‘terror suspect’ shot dead by police in Australia after attacking officers
- 5Watch: Leonardo DiCaprio speech among five must-see clips on UN climate summit
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 5Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 6Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 10Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 11Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 12Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 13EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 14Official ‘executed by flame-thrower’ over links to Kim Jong-un’s purged uncle | euronews, world news
- 15Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 16#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 17Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 18British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
Wires > News
- 18:49 CET Catalonia suspends formal campaign on Spain independence vote
- 18:04 CET U.N. Ebola mission head wants significant progress in 60 days
- 17:50 CET Hardline Buddhists in Myanmar, Sri Lanka strike anti-Islamist pact
- 16:57 CET Sri Lanka police stop online media workshop – rights groups
- 16:50 CET Bulgaria needs urgent reforms after Sunday election – interim PM
- 16:00 CET EU keeps Russia sanctions in place, sees ‘encouraging’ signs
- 15:47 CET Egypt’s Sisi delivers economic reforms but hurdles remain
- 15:06 CET Philippines recovers eight paintings from Marcos family