Hearing that he had a convincing lead in the polls on the final day of campaigning would be music to the ears of Barack Obama. But the US President remains locked in an agonisingly close race for the White House. Final day stops include Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa.
The latest poll gives Obama a slight edge nationally on 48 percent and a full four point lead in must-win Ohio.
“My hope is with you,” he told supporters,“my fight is for you. Make sure that in this country, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from, no matter how you get started, here in America you can make it if you try. That’s why I’m asking for your vote”
Republican challenger Mitt Romney’s final day of campaigning includes stops in Florida, Virginia, Ohio and New Hampshire. He is one point ahead in Florida, according to the polls. He also tried to galvanise voters.
“I think the election comes down to this question, do you want four more years like the last four years or do you want a real change? President Obama promised change but he couldn’t deliver it. I promise change and I have a record of achieving it”.
Turning supporters into voters is now the key. The close poll margins suggest a cliffhanger result that could eventually be decided by the side that has the best turnout.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Five more years for Bouteflika
- 4Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 5Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 07:07 CET Search resumes after Everest’s worst climbing tragedy
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status