“Rust and Bone” is the gritty, moving and emotional love story from Cannes Grand Prix winner Jacques Audiard.
The movie stars Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard, as killer whale trainer Stephanie, who works at Marineland on the French Riviera. Her life is turned upside down when she suffers a devastating accident at work and tragically loses her legs.
The movie also stars Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts as Ali – an inarticulate single father struggling to support himself and his 5-year-old son.
When the two characters meet, a relationship develops between the emotionally disabled man and physically disabled woman.
Marion Cotillard has been wowing critics with her performance in the new movie, which featured in many film festivals over the summer and autumn.
The movie was released in the U.K. and Ireland on 2 November.
- 1‘The Wolfpack’ chronicles siblings’ life locked away in NYC flat
- 2Life’s a beach in Batumi, Georgia’s top Black Sea resort
- 3Kakheti: Georgia’s cradle of wine
- 4Athens’ new multi-million euro cultural hub on schedule for 2016 opening
- 5Sitting Pretty: rising South African star Yende revels in Don Pasquale role
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 7Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 8NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 19Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern