“Rust and Bone” is the gritty, moving and emotional love story from Cannes Grand Prix winner Jacques Audiard.
The movie stars Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard, as killer whale trainer Stephanie, who works at Marineland on the French Riviera. Her life is turned upside down when she suffers a devastating accident at work and tragically loses her legs.
The movie also stars Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts as Ali – an inarticulate single father struggling to support himself and his 5-year-old son.
When the two characters meet, a relationship develops between the emotionally disabled man and physically disabled woman.
Marion Cotillard has been wowing critics with her performance in the new movie, which featured in many film festivals over the summer and autumn.
The movie was released in the U.K. and Ireland on 2 November.
- 1Life’s a beach in Batumi, Georgia’s top Black Sea resort
- 2DJ Black Coffee brings unique house blend to summer festivals
- 3Postcards from Kazakhstan: Astana’s emblematic tree of life
- 4‘Amy’ the haunting documentary of a vulnerable soul singer
- 5Marvel Studios’ ‘Ant-Man’ hits the big screen this summer
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces