“Rust and Bone” is the gritty, moving and emotional love story from Cannes Grand Prix winner Jacques Audiard.
The movie stars Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard, as killer whale trainer Stephanie, who works at Marineland on the French Riviera. Her life is turned upside down when she suffers a devastating accident at work and tragically loses her legs.
The movie also stars Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts as Ali – an inarticulate single father struggling to support himself and his 5-year-old son.
When the two characters meet, a relationship develops between the emotionally disabled man and physically disabled woman.
Marion Cotillard has been wowing critics with her performance in the new movie, which featured in many film festivals over the summer and autumn.
The movie was released in the U.K. and Ireland on 2 November.
- 1Hockney exhibition offers intimate snapshot of the Los Angeles art world
- 214-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 3The necropolis of Orthi Petra opens a window to the Homeric world
- 4Diana Damrau wows Paris in Lucia di Lammermoor
- 5The Phenom: a journey into a player’s heart of darkness
latest cinema news
‘Aquarius’: an extraordinary woman’s battle against unscrupulous real estate developers
Zac Efron and Anna Kendrick premiere ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates’ in Los Angeles
Soccer for peace
“Captain Fantastic” sees a father takes his kids into the woods, and out again
The Phenom: a journey into a player’s heart of darkness