“Rust and Bone” is the gritty, moving and emotional love story from Cannes Grand Prix winner Jacques Audiard.
The movie stars Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard, as killer whale trainer Stephanie, who works at Marineland on the French Riviera. Her life is turned upside down when she suffers a devastating accident at work and tragically loses her legs.
The movie also stars Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts as Ali – an inarticulate single father struggling to support himself and his 5-year-old son.
When the two characters meet, a relationship develops between the emotionally disabled man and physically disabled woman.
Marion Cotillard has been wowing critics with her performance in the new movie, which featured in many film festivals over the summer and autumn.
The movie was released in the U.K. and Ireland on 2 November.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The enthralling colourful timbres of Dutch violin virtuoso Janine Jansen
- 3Eurovision logo says a lot about EU’s health
- 4Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery
- 5Bulgarian businessman turns passion for Soviet-era cars into museum spectacle
latest cinema news
Fritz Bauer: Sometimes the only way to save your country is to betray it
Coming to a screen near you this summer
Best foot forward for Millepied in documentary ‘Reset’
Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery
Cinema news: ‘The Jungle Book’ tops global box office