Two people died after five bombs exploded in Bahrain on Monday according to government officials.
The Interior Ministry said the people who were killed were Asian street cleaners and that a third worker was injured in the attacks which were described as “acts of terrorism”.
The blasts were all in the capital Manama and took place between 4.30am and 9.30am.
A 21-one month-old uprising against the US-backed rulers in Bahrain resulted in a ban on protests coming in to force on October 31. But the day after saw clashes break out in the capital with police using tear gas against protesters who threw petrol bombs.
Opposition politicians have cast doubt on the government’s claim that activists were behind the latest bomb blasts. Matar Matar of the Shi’ite Wefaq party suggested that the police or military could have been behind the explosions.
- 1Five children among a dozen migrants to drown off Turkish coast
- 2New coin issued to mark Queen’s record reign
- 3Thousands stuck in Budapest as Hungary refuses to allow migrants to travel
- 4Schengen recoil could turn EU travel back 20 years
- 5Eurostar suffers severe delays as migrants attempt to block Channel Tunnel
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 12:36 CET Bangladesh charges 13 over 2012 garment factory fire
- 12:29 CET Nordic, Baltic foreign ministers call on Russia to release…
- 12:28 CET Zimbabwean government minister charged with bribery, faces trial
- 12:26 CET Dutch sergeant joins Islamic State in first such desertion -…
- 12:24 CET Iran’s Khamenei backs parliamentary vote on nuclear deal with…
- 12:22 CET War crimes court hears of rape, slavery at trial of Congo’s…
- 12:10 CET Special Report – In Egypt, jailed Islamists ‘dying of neglect’
- 12:09 CET French soldier in Central African Republic accused of sexual abuse…