Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 5Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Sport
- 00:33 CET Holders Spain and Swiss join Euro 2016 finals party
- 00:29 CET All Blacks win ahead of busy weekend to decide quarter-finals
- 00:18 CET Swiss book Euro 2016 spot with 7-0 San Marino win
- 23:50 CET Slovenia close to playoffs after 1-1 draw with Lithuania
- 23:47 CET Ukraine keep Euro 2016 hopes alive with win in Macedonia
- 23:27 CET Belarus win leaves Slovakia waiting for Euro 2016 spot
- 23:15 CET Aguero says he will be out for a month with muscle tear
- 23:06 CET Mercedes have the smell of success for Hamilton