Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Champions League: Real Madrid v Man City preview
- 5Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
Wires > Sport
- 16:19 CET My place in football history is assured, says Ronaldo
- 16:15 CET Defender Adriano joins list of Barca players in trouble over taxes
- 15:40 CET Maeda double guides Tokyo to win and Asian knockouts
- 14:31 CET Zamalek coach McLeish leaves after 65 days
- 14:29 CET FIFA ethics investigator recommends life ban for ex-VP Webb
- 14:24 CET Khan would join British greats with Alvarez win – Hatton
- 13:50 CET Pinot’s Tour hopes boosted by FDJ’s time trial improvements
- 13:03 CET Chelsea’s Hazard rediscovers passion for football