An 11-year-old child has been killed by a car bomb in southeast Turkey. 18 other people were injured in the blast, which is thought to have been aimed at a nearby police vehicle.
It happened near the town of Semdinli, the scene of frequent clashes between Turkish security forces and Kurdish militants.
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
Wires > News
- 00:50 CET U.S. ‘concerned’ about Libyan-Americans on trial in UAE – official
- 00:12 CET Spanish journalist held in Colombia freed, two others to be…
- 23:15 CET No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash, search…
- 23:08 CET Poll gives Peru’s Fujimori 5.8 point lead a week before election
- 22:55 CET Putin says Romania, Poland may now be in Russia’s cross-hairs
- 22:51 CET U.S. lawmakers want Obama to impose sanctions on Congo
- 22:26 CET Trump pulls out of debate showdown with Sanders
- 22:06 CET Ex-Guinea-Bissau PM calls government’s dismissal ‘constitutional…