Whirlwind campaigning has continued by both US presidential candidates on the final weekend before election day.
Between them the rivals addressed rallies in seven ‘battleground’ states on Saturday, making it clear where the votes are crucial to the outcome of the tightest ever race for the White House.
In Colorado, Republican Mitt Romney once again urged Americans to view him as the man to improve their lot in life:
“We’ve got to change course because unless we do we may be looking into another recession. The question of this election comes down to this: You want more of the same or do you want real change?”
While in Iowa, where President Barack Obama began his first presidential bid, he highlighted how he has fought to carry out some of his promises during his time in office such as expanding access to healthcare:
“I know what change looks like, because I fought for it, and I delivered it, and I’ve got the scars to prove it, and you guys, you stood with me, and after all we’ve been through together we can’t give up on it now”
No expense is being spared on this final push to persuade the undecided. However, 27 million voters have already cast their ballots and Democrat data claims two thirds have been by women, blacks and Hispanics – traditionally Obama supporters.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2Exhumations at suspected Serbia mass grave begin
- 3Missouri execution of death-row inmate Michael Taylor ‘flawed’
- 4Protests mark the first anniversary of the Bangladesh clothing factory tragedy
- 5Transnistria territorially tempting to Russia
- 1Oklahoma supreme court halts executions pending drugs hearing
- 2Ukraine: US releases photos of alleged Russian special forces in the east
- 3Nepalese sherpas threaten strike in wake of Everest avalanche tragedy
- 4Death toll now 87 in South Korea ferry sinking; 215 missing
- 5Miracle stowaway survives five hour jet flight hidden in wheel well
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
Wires > News
- 03:00 CET U.S. sharply criticizes Iran’s election to U.N. committee
- 02:04 CET Obama to use Japan visit to reassure Asian allies
- 02:00 CET Syria eyes end of chemical arms monitoring mission; West disagrees
- 01:26 CET Australia transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- 00:59 CET Pentagon dossier to detail secretive U.S. Afghan detainee policy
- 00:55 CET Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- 00:54 CET Exclusive – Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklist…
- 23:49 CET Colombia ICRC says peace may solve mystery of disappeared