Whirlwind campaigning has continued by both US presidential candidates on the final weekend before election day.
Between them the rivals addressed rallies in seven ‘battleground’ states on Saturday, making it clear where the votes are crucial to the outcome of the tightest ever race for the White House.
In Colorado, Republican Mitt Romney once again urged Americans to view him as the man to improve their lot in life:
“We’ve got to change course because unless we do we may be looking into another recession. The question of this election comes down to this: You want more of the same or do you want real change?”
While in Iowa, where President Barack Obama began his first presidential bid, he highlighted how he has fought to carry out some of his promises during his time in office such as expanding access to healthcare:
“I know what change looks like, because I fought for it, and I delivered it, and I’ve got the scars to prove it, and you guys, you stood with me, and after all we’ve been through together we can’t give up on it now”
No expense is being spared on this final push to persuade the undecided. However, 27 million voters have already cast their ballots and Democrat data claims two thirds have been by women, blacks and Hispanics – traditionally Obama supporters.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 5‘No need to be nasty’ Merkel wants clear-headed Brexit talks
Wires > News
- 22:42 CET Colombia to offer tax breaks for development under peace deal
- 22:38 CET Germany’s Merkel signals sober separation from EU ‘partner’ Britain
- 21:00 CET Somali Islamist militants attack hotel in Mogadishu
- 20:40 CET South Sudan forces, armed groups clash, displacing civilians – U.N
- 20:15 CET Belgium arrests two over ‘terrorist’ activity
- 19:58 CET Nine drown when boat capsizes in Kenya
- 19:32 CET U.S. Coast Guard suspends search for Florida family lost at sea
- 19:07 CET Brazil’s Temer says women should retire earlier than men – paper