Reports say a grenade attack on a church in Kenya has left one person dead and injured at least 11.
The man who died was thought to have been acting as pastor at the church in the eastern town of Garissa, about 150 kilometres from the Somali border.
Suspicion fell on the Somali-based al-Shabaab group after previous attacks and kidnappings.
Kenya’s army intervened in Somalia a year ago to tackle Islamists.
Wires > News
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing
- 09:55 CET Australia police use pepper spray as nationalists clash with…
- 07:39 CET Outrage in multi-ethnic Malaysia as government backs Islamic law