Reports say a grenade attack on a church in Kenya has left one person dead and injured at least 11.
The man who died was thought to have been acting as pastor at the church in the eastern town of Garissa, about 150 kilometres from the Somali border.
Suspicion fell on the Somali-based al-Shabaab group after previous attacks and kidnappings.
Kenya’s army intervened in Somalia a year ago to tackle Islamists.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 4Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Wires > News
- 10:02 CET Rights group asks Nepal to probe complaints of abuse over charter…
- 09:52 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo, one person reported killed
- 09:46 CET Malaysia’s scandal-hit Najib seeks big win in Borneo state polls
- 09:05 CET Turkey won’t hold election after ruling party changes leader -…
- 08:52 CET China and Russia to hold anti-missile drill after U.S., South…
- 08:23 CET Bangladesh Islamist party leader to hang for war crimes
- 08:20 CET City where Soviet workers rose up stays calm in Russian crisis
- 05:14 CET Panama confirms four microcephaly cases tied to Zika