Egypt’s Coptic Christian will learn who is to be their new leader today. After voting for three candidates a blindfolded choir boy said to be guided by God will pick the winner.
The individual will succeed Pope Shenuda III who died in march. His successor will become Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa.
Wires > News
- 12:11 CET Anguished Republicans wrestle with whether to support Trump
- 11:51 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo but fighting goes on elsewhere in Syria
- 11:39 CET Kremlin to NATO – Resurgent Russia not a threat, but will defend…
- 11:31 CET Europe to urgently assess risk of drones hitting planes
- 11:20 CET Syria’s Assad says goal is ‘final victory’ in Aleppo
- 11:05 CET China protests at U.S. accusations of abuse of religious groups
- 10:54 CET Bangladesh Islamist party leader to hang for war crimes
- 10:48 CET Philippines’ Poe vows to thwart ‘executioner’ Duterte, won’t quit…