The US presidential race is into the final bend of the track, and the two rivals have been cramming in as many marginal states as possible over the weekend.
Each lost no time on Saturday in attacking their opponent – but they did so by poking fun at each other.
Barack Obama, who began the day in Ohio, has said Tuesday’s vote is about “two different visions of America”.
“Governor Romney is a very talented salesman. In this campaign he has tried as hard as he can to repackage the same policies that didn’t work and offer them up as change. But you know here is the problem, Ohio, we know what change looks like. And what he is offering ain’t it,” he told supporters.
The Republican candidate was due to visit three states on Saturday to hammer home his message of lower taxes and a large cut in the federal budget.
He has appealed to people to vote for “love of country”, and has described the latest jobs report as evidence that the economy is at a standstill.
“I need you to spend some time in the next 3 days to see neighbours, maybe ones with an Obama sign in front of their home and just go by and say ‘Look, let’s talk this through a bit because, you see, President Obama came into office with so many promises and he has fallen so far short’,” he told a crowd in New Hampshire.
One opinion poll released on Saturday puts Romney on 46% support nationally, one point behind Obama’s 47% – meaning they are virtually neck and neck given the margin for error.
The Republican needs to win a majority of the key swing states, given Obama’s expected hold in the larger states.
- 1Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 3France: Student held over ‘church attack plot’
- 4Russia’s Lavrov calls EU charges against Gazprom ‘unacceptable’
- 5Turkey insists it has nothing to hide on 100-year-old Armenian tragedy
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Spain arrests murder suspect on Britain’s most-wanted list
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
Wires > News
- 01:01 CET Israeli forces shoot and kill Palestinian armed with knives
- 00:36 CET U.N. chief urges Myanmar to address Muslims’ status ahead of vote
- 23:46 CET U.S. pro-Israel lobby opposes push to toughen Iran nuclear bill
- 23:13 CET No decision yet on Mistral, France’s Hollande says
- 22:42 CET Pakistani human rights activist shot dead in Karachi
- 22:39 CET Colombia’s FARC rebels say peace deal cannot be rushed
- 22:30 CET Statue of Liberty deemed safe after bomb threat – media reports
- 21:35 CET Obama vows ‘we’re going to review what happened’ in hostage death…