The US presidential race is into the final bend of the track, and the two rivals have been cramming in as many marginal states as possible over the weekend.
Each lost no time on Saturday in attacking their opponent – but they did so by poking fun at each other.
Barack Obama, who began the day in Ohio, has said Tuesday’s vote is about “two different visions of America”.
“Governor Romney is a very talented salesman. In this campaign he has tried as hard as he can to repackage the same policies that didn’t work and offer them up as change. But you know here is the problem, Ohio, we know what change looks like. And what he is offering ain’t it,” he told supporters.
The Republican candidate was due to visit three states on Saturday to hammer home his message of lower taxes and a large cut in the federal budget.
He has appealed to people to vote for “love of country”, and has described the latest jobs report as evidence that the economy is at a standstill.
“I need you to spend some time in the next 3 days to see neighbours, maybe ones with an Obama sign in front of their home and just go by and say ‘Look, let’s talk this through a bit because, you see, President Obama came into office with so many promises and he has fallen so far short’,” he told a crowd in New Hampshire.
One opinion poll released on Saturday puts Romney on 46% support nationally, one point behind Obama’s 47% – meaning they are virtually neck and neck given the margin for error.
The Republican needs to win a majority of the key swing states, given Obama’s expected hold in the larger states.
- 1Ukrainian separatist warlord dies in bomb blast
- 2Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 3At least 400 killed by ISIL in Palmyra – Syrian TV
- 4Russia introduces a new law against “undesirable” NGOs
- 5Poland’s Komorowski concedes defeat to rival Duda in presidential poll
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 14:55 CET Tunisian soldier shot dead after opening fire on colleagues…
- 14:33 CET Greece wants to make debt payments but needs aid urgently
- 14:20 CET Rights groups slam Myanmar birth law as anti-Muslim
- 13:35 CET Ex-Israeli PM Olmert sentenced to more jail time for corruption
- 12:27 CET Polish opposition cheers presidential vote win, markets uneasy
- 12:23 CET U.N. urges Lebanon to pick president, end political vacuum
- 12:05 CET About 100 U.S., European jets join Arctic exercise near Russia
- 12:01 CET Taliban truck bomb hits government offices in southern…