02/11/12 17:40 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A group of UN human rights experts have urged Iran to free jailed activists including film-maker Jafar Panahi and lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh.
Both were awarded the European Parliament’s Sakharov Prize last week.
The experts say there is particular concern over Sotoudeh’s deteriorating health due to a hunger strike she began last month.
Wires > News
- 17:52 CET In Beirut vote, old parties face new challenge
- 17:47 CET Irish parliament to vote on re-electing PM Kenny on Friday
- 17:39 CET Militants stage attacks between Libyan stronghold of Sirte and…
- 17:35 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo but fighting rages nearby
- 16:57 CET Women’s wisdom crucial to beating climate change, researchers say
- 16:41 CET Anguished Republicans wrestle with whether to support Trump for…
- 16:23 CET Italy PM Renzi’s ally, Tiscali head, convicted of tax evasion
- 16:16 CET Greek parliament to vote on tax, pension reforms before Eurogroup…