It is business as usual for both presidential candidates as Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama use the last few days to try and shore up their support.
After their storm-induced break both are once again hitting the swing states – Romney is headed for Wisconsin and Ohio today following up yesterday’s visit to Virginia.
“Would you want four more years with 23 million people looking for a good job?” Romney asked supporters at a campaign rally. “Would you want four more years with declining earnings and rising taxes? Would you want four more years with a trillion dollar deficit every year?”
Obama is going all out for Ohio which has not backed a losing presidential candidate since 1960. He aims to visit the state on each of the last four days while returning to Wisconsin after yesterday’s trip.
“We know what’s going to help the middle class, we know what is going to grow jobs, we know what is going to reduce the deficit and let me tell you, what Governor Romney is offering sure is not it.”
Jobs will again be in focus today when the government releases the October unemployment figures. This could be one of several boosts for Obama, yesterday he received the surprise endorsement from New York Mayor, Michael Bloomberg.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 3Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 4UN on human rights in Ukraine: ‘stop lies, propaganda and inciting hatred’
- 5[Live] Ukraine: NATO reinforces Eastern Europe Defences as Pro-Russian progress in Donetsk and Kramatorsk
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 14:37 CET Egyptian court jails 119 Mursi supporters
- 14:37 CET Iran expects next payment under nuclear deal, signalling compliance
- 14:35 CET Megaupload’s Dotcom, facing legal threat, launches political party
- 14:02 CET Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles trying to cross from Syria -…
- 13:59 CET Yemen’s al Qaeda leader vows to attack America in new video
- 13:39 CET Russia mulls lawsuit against United States in WTO over sanctions
- 13:13 CET Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes – coastguard
- 12:34 CET Palestinians, Israeli police clash at Jerusalem holy site