Protesters have gathered outside Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate to mark the seventh day of a migrant hunger strike.
The asylum seekers, mostly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, have called on the German government to speed up visa processing times.
There were scuffles with police after the group were restricted from setting up tents around the iconic structure.
Wires > News
- 02:50 CET Syrian opposition negotiator quits after peace talks’ failure
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle