Protesters have gathered outside Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate to mark the seventh day of a migrant hunger strike.
The asylum seekers, mostly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, have called on the German government to speed up visa processing times.
There were scuffles with police after the group were restricted from setting up tents around the iconic structure.
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Wires > News
- 15:07 CET Europe presses Britain for swift exit to limit global fallout
- 14:47 CET U.N. urges Sri Lanka to rein in military, prosecute war crimes
- 14:29 CET Myanmar court lays new charges against Saffron Revolution leader
- 14:15 CET German cabinet agrees to tighten control over spy agency
- 14:08 CET Spain arrests 14 suspected of fraud at high speed rail project
- 13:42 CET Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies -…
- 13:31 CET Lebanon fears new terror wave after multiple suicide attack
- 12:55 CET Afghan media groups decry rise in violence against journalists