The US presidential candidates picked up where they left off on the campaign trail after a short break to deal with the impact of storm Sandy.
There was a spring in President Obama’s step as he descended on Wisconsin, a state that could vote either way next Tuesday.
Although Obama has not been campaigning these last few days, officially at least, Sandy still made it onto the campaign platform.
“There’s no Democrats or Republicans during a storm, there’s just fellow Americans,” he told a crowd in Green Bay, “leaders of different parties working to fix what was broken. Neighbours helping neighbours cope with tragedy. Communities rallying to rebuild. A spirit that says in the end, we’re all in this together.”
His Republican opponent Mitt Romney is also concentrating on the crucial swing states in the final days of the campaign.
With a new aggregate of polls putting the two men neck-and-neck, Romney went to Virginia, where he revisited his attacks on Obama of a week-or-so ago, claiming the president is becoming more and more petty.
“Unfortunately, what you seen before your very eyes, is a campaign that keeps on shrinking and shrinking and shrinking to smaller things,” said Romney. “I mean, he’s been out talking about how he’s going to save Big Bird, and then playing silly word games with my name and then, attacking me day-in and day-out. Attacking me doesn’t make an agenda, (it) doesn’t get people back to work.”
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 4Five more years for Bouteflika
- 5Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:40 CET Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status