Dozens of people have been killed and an estimated 100 others injured after a fuel tanker crashed into a motorway flyover in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in an eastern district of the capital Riyadh.
State television reports that the accident triggered a fuel leak and explosion that brought down an industrial building.
The structure, which was several stories high, was almost flattened by the blast. It housed a heavy machinery company.
Several vehicles and nearby buildings were also damaged. Dozens of people are still missing.
Authorities say at this stage, they do not believe there is a terrorist connection.
A Saudi civil defence official said the driver of the truck swerved into the flyover after failing to spot an accident ahead.
More than 100 emergency workers are combing the area for other victims. Officials expect the death toll to increase.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 3Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different?
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 14International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 15Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 16eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 16:04 CET Saudi says arrests 93 Islamic State suspects, foils U.S. embassy…
- 15:53 CET Greek, Turkish Cypriot leaders to kick start peace talks
- 15:48 CET Saudi says foiled suicide car bombing plot against U.S. embassy
- 15:47 CET Bodies of six displaced Sunni men found dumped in Baghdad
- 15:10 CET Vatican and U.N. team up on climate change against sceptics
- 15:07 CET Baltimore smoulders after riot over black man’s police-custody…
- 14:58 CET At least 52 missing, feared dead in Afghanistan landslide
- 14:25 CET One dead, 241 injured in South Africa train collision