Dozens of people have been killed and an estimated 100 others injured after a fuel tanker crashed into a motorway flyover in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in an eastern district of the capital Riyadh.
State television reports that the accident triggered a fuel leak and explosion that brought down an industrial building.
The structure, which was several stories high, was almost flattened by the blast. It housed a heavy machinery company.
Several vehicles and nearby buildings were also damaged. Dozens of people are still missing.
Authorities say at this stage, they do not believe there is a terrorist connection.
A Saudi civil defence official said the driver of the truck swerved into the flyover after failing to spot an accident ahead.
More than 100 emergency workers are combing the area for other victims. Officials expect the death toll to increase.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
Latest world news
Five migrants saved from channel after trying to sail to Britain from Calais
Suicide bomber attacks Pakistani military convoy
Pope Francis celebrates Jubilee day in honour of Padre Pio
World condemns North Korean satellite launch
Syrian refugees flee to Turkey border as Aleppo assault intensifies
Wires > News
- 19:08 CET El Salvador detains ex-soldiers for 1989 Jesuit priest killings
- 19:06 CET More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus -…
- 19:04 CET Nations aim for Afghan peace talks with Taliban by end-February
- 18:44 CET Anti-Islam movement PEGIDA stages protests across Europe
- 18:06 CET Stade de France reopens for first time since Paris attacks
- 18:01 CET Hundreds more candidates allowed to contest Iran election
- 17:41 CET Five killed in Austrian avalanche – police
- 16:31 CET Critic of Vatican leaves its sexual abuse commission