The governor of New York, the multi-billionaire former Republican Michael Bloomberg, has thrown his support behind Barack Obama to be returned to the White House.
He wrote the announcement in a section of the Bloomberg News website.
He said Obama had taken significant steps to reduce carbon consumption, whereas the Republican challenger Mitt Romney has backtracked on climate change.
Bloomberg’s comments came after his city and much of the US eastern seaboard were devastated by superstorm Sandy.
Obama said he was honoured to have Mayor Bloomberg’s endorsement.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Students floated to safety from South Korea ferry
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 4Israel warns of “long-lasting operation” in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 5UN says downing of MH17 over Ukraine may constitute a ‘war crime’
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 03:51 CET U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- 03:43 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 03:23 CET Australian PM Abbott’s tough stance on MH17 paying off – poll
- 02:04 CET Police arrest four in beating death of China grad student near USC
- 01:24 CET Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola…
- 00:59 CET Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas court
- 00:16 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 23:32 CET Honduras raids mayor’s homes, finds fancy trucks, peacocks