Syrian warplanes kept up air raids on rebel strongholds in and around the capital Damascus on Wednesday, according to activists.
Amateur video purportedly showed air bombardments on residential areas of the city including eastern Ghouta and Zamalka.
State media reported that a bomb killed at least six people near a Shi-ite shrine in another suburb.
A four-day ceasefire at the weekend was left in tatters after violence killed more than 500 people.
Also on Wednesday, the new Syria peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi held talks with China’s foreign minster calling for Beijing to play an “active” role in efforts to end the civil war.
Later, a Chinese statement called for greater international support of Brahimi’s mediation efforts.
China and Russia have vetoed three UN resolutions condemning the Assad regime for the violence.
Meanwhile, Syrian rebels revealed how they make cheap homemade bombs after extracting TNT from unexploded regime artillery rounds.
They claimed to make 50 to 60 hand grenades for each mission.
Video footage was filmed over the weekend at a rebel camp close to the border with Turkey.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 20:15 CET French troops free five aid workers kidnapped in Mali
- 20:05 CET Guantanamo hearing halted after defence accusations of FBI spying
- 20:03 CET U.S. releases $450 million of frozen Iranian funds after …
- 19:55 CET Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult
- 19:51 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 19:41 CET Armed mob under guise of peaceful protest attacks U.N. in South…
- 19:05 CET Church must be open to sick, homeless, pope says on Holy Thursday
- 19:00 CET Burundi orders U.N. security adviser out after violence warning