Syrian warplanes kept up air raids on rebel strongholds in and around the capital Damascus on Wednesday, according to activists.
Amateur video purportedly showed air bombardments on residential areas of the city including eastern Ghouta and Zamalka.
State media reported that a bomb killed at least six people near a Shi-ite shrine in another suburb.
A four-day ceasefire at the weekend was left in tatters after violence killed more than 500 people.
Also on Wednesday, the new Syria peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi held talks with China’s foreign minster calling for Beijing to play an “active” role in efforts to end the civil war.
Later, a Chinese statement called for greater international support of Brahimi’s mediation efforts.
China and Russia have vetoed three UN resolutions condemning the Assad regime for the violence.
Meanwhile, Syrian rebels revealed how they make cheap homemade bombs after extracting TNT from unexploded regime artillery rounds.
They claimed to make 50 to 60 hand grenades for each mission.
Video footage was filmed over the weekend at a rebel camp close to the border with Turkey.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1‘Allahu Akbar’ lone wolf attacker shot dead by French police
- 2Who is the EU’s worst at spending Brussels’ billions?
- 3ISIL fighters ‘flee’ Iraq’s Sinjar as Peshmerga troops ‘make gains’
- 4New laws to ‘wipe out’ militants after Pakistan school massacre
- 5New Romanian President Klaus Iohannis vows to tackle corruption
- 1Pakistanis protest against Taliban as army intensifies offensive in north-west
- 2Israel launches airstrike on Gaza in apparent retaliation for rocket attack
- 3Australian mother arrested after eight children stabbed to death
- 4Kyiv terror plot foiled, says Ukrainian security service
- 5Obama says Sony made a “mistake” in cancelling movie over cyber threats
- 1Rosetta team is euronews’ people of 2014
- 2Thailand’s Princess Srirasmi renounces royal status and will divorce
- 3Pakistanis protest against Taliban as army intensifies offensive in north-west
- 4Left-wing extremists run riot in upscale Zurich, Switzerland
- 5Australia: two hostages and gunman dead after police storm Sydney siege café
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 7NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 8Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 9Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 10Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 13Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 14Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 15Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 16Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 17Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 00:47 CET Police officers’ slaying raises pressure on New York mayor
- 00:24 CET Syria says Israeli drone downed in Quneitra
- 00:03 CET Invoking Allah, driver slams car into pedestrians in eastern France
- 22:18 CET Analysis – Young Cuban-American groups emerge as Obama allies
- 21:11 CET Jordan hangs 11 after eight-year death penalty freeze
- 21:10 CET South Africa’s Zuma says in ‘perfect’ health after post-election…
- 18:03 CET Libya’s official government targets rival forces trying to seize…
- 17:47 CET Analysis – Economic issues whip up Israelis in chocolate pudding…