Syrian warplanes kept up air raids on rebel strongholds in and around the capital Damascus on Wednesday, according to activists.
Amateur video purportedly showed air bombardments on residential areas of the city including eastern Ghouta and Zamalka.
State media reported that a bomb killed at least six people near a Shi-ite shrine in another suburb.
A four-day ceasefire at the weekend was left in tatters after violence killed more than 500 people.
Also on Wednesday, the new Syria peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi held talks with China’s foreign minster calling for Beijing to play an “active” role in efforts to end the civil war.
Later, a Chinese statement called for greater international support of Brahimi’s mediation efforts.
China and Russia have vetoed three UN resolutions condemning the Assad regime for the violence.
Meanwhile, Syrian rebels revealed how they make cheap homemade bombs after extracting TNT from unexploded regime artillery rounds.
They claimed to make 50 to 60 hand grenades for each mission.
Video footage was filmed over the weekend at a rebel camp close to the border with Turkey.
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 21:45 CET Canada eager to consider investing in new Montreal rail network -…
- 20:58 CET Blacklisted oil tanker returns to Libya’s Zawiya port
- 20:11 CET Saudi hands over Houthi prisoners as Yemen peace efforts inch…
- 19:49 CET Obama takes final bow at star-studded Washington dinner
- 19:46 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 19:18 CET Egypt puts on trial 237 activists for protests against Sisi -…
- 19:05 CET Germany’s Merkel under attack at anti-immigration rally marred by…
- 17:36 CET Serbian opposition rallies in Belgrade demanding election recount