Syrian warplanes kept up air raids on rebel strongholds in and around the capital Damascus on Wednesday, according to activists.
Amateur video purportedly showed air bombardments on residential areas of the city including eastern Ghouta and Zamalka.
State media reported that a bomb killed at least six people near a Shi-ite shrine in another suburb.
A four-day ceasefire at the weekend was left in tatters after violence killed more than 500 people.
Also on Wednesday, the new Syria peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi held talks with China’s foreign minster calling for Beijing to play an “active” role in efforts to end the civil war.
Later, a Chinese statement called for greater international support of Brahimi’s mediation efforts.
China and Russia have vetoed three UN resolutions condemning the Assad regime for the violence.
Meanwhile, Syrian rebels revealed how they make cheap homemade bombs after extracting TNT from unexploded regime artillery rounds.
They claimed to make 50 to 60 hand grenades for each mission.
Video footage was filmed over the weekend at a rebel camp close to the border with Turkey.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 04:50 CET China completes construction of lighthouses in disputed South…
- 01:59 CET Student charged with killing one, wounding three at Arizona…
- 01:43 CET China says U.S. human rights report biased
- 01:11 CET Western countries say endorse unity government for Libya
- 00:56 CET Gunmen kill three Burkina Faso gendarmes near Mali border
- 00:26 CET Exclusive – U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still…
- 23:57 CET Pre-election clash in Guinea capital kills two, wounds 33
- 23:14 CET Two alleged Hezbollah associates face U.S. arms, money laundering…