The Internet, especially social networking sites, has been close abuzz with the latest information and updates when Hurricane Sandy first beat down on the northeast US coast.
People on the ground have posted thousands of impressive pictures and videos of the havoc wreaked by Sandy, which has now been downgraded to a ‘Superstorm’.
US Space agency NASA has released a set of pictures including this take of the storm seen from the International Space Station.
YouTube offers a live coverage on the evolution of Sandy throught the Weather Channel available here.
According to the Instagram photo app blog, users have “been sharing photos from the storm, at a rate of nearly 10 each second, with the hashtags #hurricanesandy, #sandy and #frankenstorm.”
40,000+ ppl in Delaware without power due to #SandyDE.— Gov. Jack Markell (@GovernorMarkell) Octobre 30, 2012
QNS 6-6 BREEZY POINT FIRE, 50+ HOMES COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY FIRE— FDNY (@FDNY) Octobre 30, 2012
Breez Point, Queens, New York City
Unbelievable video just aired on
<a href="https://twitter.com/nbcnewyork">nbcnewyork</a>. This is Breezy Point, Queens. <a href="http://t.co/C086T9i3" title="http://twitter.com/BradGuayWX/status/263171193216053248/photo/1">twitter.com/BradGuayWX/sta…</a></p>— Brad Guay (BradGuayWX) Octobre 30, 2012
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 07:04 CET Facing long odds in California, Cruz courts state’s Republicans
- 05:53 CET For Obama, it’s time for one last laugh at annual Washington dinner
- 04:16 CET China trains ‘fishing militia’ to sail into disputed waters
- 03:22 CET Venezuela leader hikes minimum wage 30 percent amid raging…
- 02:04 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 00:40 CET Putin reshuffles Russia’s law enforcement structures
- 21:45 CET Canada eager to consider investing in new Montreal rail network -…
- 20:58 CET Blacklisted oil tanker returns to Libya’s Zawiya port