The Internet, especially social networking sites, has been close abuzz with the latest information and updates when Hurricane Sandy first beat down on the northeast US coast.
People on the ground have posted thousands of impressive pictures and videos of the havoc wreaked by Sandy, which has now been downgraded to a ‘Superstorm’.
US Space agency NASA has released a set of pictures including this take of the storm seen from the International Space Station.
YouTube offers a live coverage on the evolution of Sandy throught the Weather Channel available here.
According to the Instagram photo app blog, users have “been sharing photos from the storm, at a rate of nearly 10 each second, with the hashtags #hurricanesandy, #sandy and #frankenstorm.”
40,000+ ppl in Delaware without power due to #SandyDE.— Gov. Jack Markell (@GovernorMarkell) Octobre 30, 2012
QNS 6-6 BREEZY POINT FIRE, 50+ HOMES COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY FIRE— FDNY (@FDNY) Octobre 30, 2012
Breez Point, Queens, New York City
Unbelievable video just aired on
<a href="https://twitter.com/nbcnewyork">nbcnewyork</a>. This is Breezy Point, Queens. <a href="http://t.co/C086T9i3" title="http://twitter.com/BradGuayWX/status/263171193216053248/photo/1">twitter.com/BradGuayWX/sta…</a></p>— Brad Guay (BradGuayWX) Octobre 30, 2012
Wires > News
- 09:28 CET Poland to appeal court decision not to extradite Polanski to U.S.
- 09:27 CET Two with Thai army links found guilty of attack on gold mine…
- 09:06 CET Japan erupts in anger over boy abandoned in forest after being…
- 09:00 CET Exclusive: Westinghouse to get new site for Indian nuclear plant -…
- 08:51 CET Spanish police arrest man accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- 08:42 CET Death toll from Russian air strikes in Idlib climbs to 23 – monitor
- 08:32 CET Hamas executes three convicted Palestinians in Gaza
- 08:24 CET Huge fire breaks out in Indian arms depot, 17 feared dead