The Internet, especially social networking sites, has been close abuzz with the latest information and updates when Hurricane Sandy first beat down on the northeast US coast.
People on the ground have posted thousands of impressive pictures and videos of the havoc wreaked by Sandy, which has now been downgraded to a ‘Superstorm’.
US Space agency NASA has released a set of pictures including this take of the storm seen from the International Space Station.
YouTube offers a live coverage on the evolution of Sandy throught the Weather Channel available here.
According to the Instagram photo app blog, users have “been sharing photos from the storm, at a rate of nearly 10 each second, with the hashtags #hurricanesandy, #sandy and #frankenstorm.”
40,000+ ppl in Delaware without power due to #SandyDE.— Gov. Jack Markell (@GovernorMarkell) Octobre 30, 2012
QNS 6-6 BREEZY POINT FIRE, 50+ HOMES COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY FIRE— FDNY (@FDNY) Octobre 30, 2012
Breez Point, Queens, New York City
Unbelievable video just aired on
<a href="https://twitter.com/nbcnewyork">nbcnewyork</a>. This is Breezy Point, Queens. <a href="http://t.co/C086T9i3" title="http://twitter.com/BradGuayWX/status/263171193216053248/photo/1">twitter.com/BradGuayWX/sta…</a></p>— Brad Guay (BradGuayWX) Octobre 30, 2012
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 4A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 5Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 15:19 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika set for re-election, foes cry fraud
- 15:18 CET South Sudan deploys army to guard U.N. base after attack kills…
- 14:49 CET Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits…
- 13:57 CET Libyan kidnappers of Tunisian diplomat demand Islamists’ release
- 13:34 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 13:29 CET Turkish president rules out role swap with Erdogan
- 13:25 CET Indonesia’s ex-general Prabowo edges closer to presidential race
- 13:19 CET Italy government prepares to approve tax cuts