The Internet, especially social networking sites, has been close abuzz with the latest information and updates when Hurricane Sandy first beat down on the northeast US coast.
People on the ground have posted thousands of impressive pictures and videos of the havoc wreaked by Sandy, which has now been downgraded to a ‘Superstorm’.
US Space agency NASA has released a set of pictures including this take of the storm seen from the International Space Station.
YouTube offers a live coverage on the evolution of Sandy throught the Weather Channel available here.
According to the Instagram photo app blog, users have “been sharing photos from the storm, at a rate of nearly 10 each second, with the hashtags #hurricanesandy, #sandy and #frankenstorm.”
40,000+ ppl in Delaware without power due to #SandyDE.— Gov. Jack Markell (@GovernorMarkell) Octobre 30, 2012
QNS 6-6 BREEZY POINT FIRE, 50+ HOMES COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY FIRE— FDNY (@FDNY) Octobre 30, 2012
Breez Point, Queens, New York City
Unbelievable video just aired on
<a href="https://twitter.com/nbcnewyork">nbcnewyork</a>. This is Breezy Point, Queens. <a href="http://t.co/C086T9i3" title="http://twitter.com/BradGuayWX/status/263171193216053248/photo/1">twitter.com/BradGuayWX/sta…</a></p>— Brad Guay (BradGuayWX) Octobre 30, 2012
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 10:16 CET In India, a test for Modi’s economic reforms and Hindu agenda
- 10:06 CET Pest blights India’s GM cotton crop, fuelling debate over risks
- 09:58 CET China says opposed to parties entering territorial waters
- 09:53 CET Four Arabs stabbed in southern Israel, Jewish suspect held
- 09:47 CET Iranian general killed in Syria – report
- 09:40 CET EU set to suspend Belarus sanctions for four months after vote
- 09:39 CET France launches new air strike in Syria against IS – minister
- 08:29 CET Australian PM calls for calm amid planned anti-Islam protest