The Football Association of Serbia has banned two players and two members of their coaching staff following a melee on the pitch at the end of an U21 international against England last month.
Seventeen-year-old Nikola Ninkovic and 20-year-old Ognjen Mudrinski will not play for their country at any level for a year, a statement on the governing body’s website said after it had reviewed the TV images of the match adding the four had
violated the association’s ethics and fair-play code.
There were clashes on the pitch between both sides on the full time whistle in Krusevac after England player, Danny Rose had been racially abused.
UEFA charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of the game.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:23 CET Moyes endures horror return to Everton as Martinez outwits United
- 21:18 CET Benfica beat Olhanense to clinch Portuguese title
- 20:52 CET Favourites Ajax routed by Zwolle as violence mars Dutch final
- 20:25 CET Happy Hamilton hails incredible Mercedes
- 17:55 CET Sterling is the best young player in Europe, says Rodgers
- 17:06 CET Pitstop blunder ruins Massa’s race
- 14:58 CET Lotus progress halted by gearbox gremlins
- 13:27 CET McLaren woes continue in China