The Football Association of Serbia has banned two players and two members of their coaching staff following a melee on the pitch at the end of an U21 international against England last month.
Seventeen-year-old Nikola Ninkovic and 20-year-old Ognjen Mudrinski will not play for their country at any level for a year, a statement on the governing body’s website said after it had reviewed the TV images of the match adding the four had
violated the association’s ethics and fair-play code.
There were clashes on the pitch between both sides on the full time whistle in Krusevac after England player, Danny Rose had been racially abused.
UEFA charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of the game.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:29 CET Kean closes in on first piece of silverware
- 07:55 CET Australia’s Marsh ruled out for four months by surgery
- 07:48 CET Australia’s Marsh ruled out for four months by surgery
- 06:55 CET Potgieter starts but Waratahs expect Skelton impact
- 06:52 CET South Korea in no rush to appoint new coach
- 06:08 CET Veteran Crusaders eager to advance against hungry Sharks
- 05:32 CET Querrey edges doubles partner Johnson in Atlanta opener
- 23:00 CET England’s Prior to take break from game