The Football Association of Serbia has banned two players and two members of their coaching staff following a melee on the pitch at the end of an U21 international against England last month.
Seventeen-year-old Nikola Ninkovic and 20-year-old Ognjen Mudrinski will not play for their country at any level for a year, a statement on the governing body’s website said after it had reviewed the TV images of the match adding the four had
violated the association’s ethics and fair-play code.
There were clashes on the pitch between both sides on the full time whistle in Krusevac after England player, Danny Rose had been racially abused.
UEFA charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of the game.
- 1Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 2Horror crash mars Tour de France as Britain’s Froome earns leader’s yellow jersey
- 3Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 4Solid gold Hamilton speeds silver arrow to victory at Silverstone.
- 5Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Wires > Sport
- 22:51 CET Radwanska’s grasscourt pedigree helps her reach semis
- 22:50 CET Atletico sign Argentine forward Vietto from Villarreal
- 22:12 CET Cocktail of talent helps Muguruza reach semis
- 18:58 CET Wimbledon’s famous strawberries now come…as mush
- 17:49 CET Italy’s Balotelli given compassionate leave by Liverpool
- 17:21 CET De Villiers rested for ODI series in Bangladesh
- 16:54 CET British Open likely to flourish even if McIlroy sits it out
- 13:52 CET Ferrer a surprise inclusion for Russia tie