The Football Association of Serbia has banned two players and two members of their coaching staff following a melee on the pitch at the end of an U21 international against England last month.
Seventeen-year-old Nikola Ninkovic and 20-year-old Ognjen Mudrinski will not play for their country at any level for a year, a statement on the governing body’s website said after it had reviewed the TV images of the match adding the four had
violated the association’s ethics and fair-play code.
There were clashes on the pitch between both sides on the full time whistle in Krusevac after England player, Danny Rose had been racially abused.
UEFA charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of the game.
- 1Business as usual as Blatter joins Putin for World Cup draw
- 2The motorsport world mourns the death of Jules Bianchi
- 3Olympics: New stadium plans to be drawn up for Tokyo 2020
- 4Tour de France: Geschke claims maiden stage win, Froome maintains overall lead
- 5Judge requests new investigation into Jan Ullrich’s drink driving case
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 7Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 8Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > Sport
- 01:23 CET U.S. drops Boston’s embattled bid to host 2024 Olympic Games
- 22:58 CET Barca, Bilbao face fines for politically-motivated whistles
- 21:46 CET Ex Chelsea striker Drogba joins Montreal Impact
- 20:36 CET People like Blatter deserve Nobel prize, Putin tells Swiss TV
- 20:22 CET FIFA says person ‘from outside football’ to head reforms body
- 20:13 CET Stoke sign Dutch winger Afellay
- 18:31 CET Sterling nets twice as Man City thump Vietnam 8-1
- 18:28 CET Van Gaal seeking galactico touch for resurgent United