A spectacular energy deal as Russian oil giant Rosneft moves to buy the joint venture TNK-BP which would make it the biggest market-listed oil company in the world. What does that mean for global oil market? We put those questions to Ildar Davletshin from Renaissance Capital in Moscow.
Also in the programme – despite some signs of recovery from the US economy, the Federal Reserve sees no need to damp down its stimulus policy and alarming new figures come from the eurozone.
- 1European mobile roaming charges cut again
- 2Credit Suisse bosses face anger from shareholders
- 3Waste not, want not. Business Planet looks at the food we throw away
- 4Eurozone GDP back to pre-2008 crisis level, unemployment falls, inflation down
- 5BP considers more spending cuts after 80 percent profit drop
- 1Braking bad: auto industry plagued by scandals
- 2How abolishing taxes saved a dying Hungarian village
- 3Saudi Arabia responds to low oil prices with economic reform plan
- 4VW counts cost of emissions scandal as other German carmakers join massive recall
- 5As iPhone sales slide, what is Apple’s next big money maker?
Wires > Business
- 03:09 CET China April official manufacturing activity expands at slower pace…
- 01:46 CET Italy bank fund to own at least 92 percent of Pop Vicenza after…
- 23:28 CET Buffett says Berkshire ‘fine’ with Trump or Clinton
- 16:49 CET Hedge fund managers Crispin Odey and Paul Marshall say Brexit…
- 15:15 CET Vodafone picks BofA, Kotak, UBS, other banks for India IPO -…
- 15:14 CET German finance minister criticises Volkswagen management over…
- 22:16 CET Apple’s stock suffers worst week since 2013
- 21:50 CET Deutsche Boerse retracts merger comment at UK request