A spectacular energy deal as Russian oil giant Rosneft moves to buy the joint venture TNK-BP which would make it the biggest market-listed oil company in the world. What does that mean for global oil market? We put those questions to Ildar Davletshin from Renaissance Capital in Moscow.
Also in the programme – despite some signs of recovery from the US economy, the Federal Reserve sees no need to damp down its stimulus policy and alarming new figures come from the eurozone.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Turkey’s high-speed rail link opened between Ankara and Istanbul
- 2Faltering Russian economy to take further hits from surprise interest rate rise
- 3New chapter in the Espirito Santo saga as ex-boss is arrested
- 4Spain sees big fall in unemployment
- 5General Motors profit hit by recalls, faulty ignition switch compensation fund
- 1More sanctions against Russia, massive job cuts at Microsoft and ‘cheap’ warplane
- 2Can Malaysia Airlines survive this latest tragedy?
- 3The effects of the Bretton Woods Agreement 70 years on
- 4Major economic hit expected for Israel from Gaza conflict
- 5Farnborough: Textron Scorpion budget military jet aimed at cash-strapped governments
Wires > Business
- 22:13 CET BSkyB to pay $9 billion to create Sky Europe
- 21:18 CET India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 21:16 CET Dell, BlackBerry downplay threat from Apple-IBM alliance
- 20:44 CET India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry US rebuke
- 20:22 CET Destination Maternity gives up chase for UK’s Mothercare
- 20:05 CET AbbVie profit beats estimates on surging Humira sales
- 19:41 CET UK’s fraud office settles Vincent Tchenguiz claims
- 19:23 CET Destination Maternity gives up chase for UK’s Mothercare