The clean-up continues after a magnitude five earthquake struck southwest Italy on Friday.
The quake hit close to the city of Cosenza just after midnight. The epicentre was about six kilometres underground in the Pollino mountains area of the Calabria region.
Several buildings were damaged including a hospital but there were no reported injuries.
Many people slept in their cars for the rest of the night.
“We are practically used to this now and resigned to the fact that there’ll be more,” said one resident.
Earlier this week, several Italian scientists and experts were jailed for manslaughter after they failed to adequately warn citizens before the 2009 earthquake in L’Aquila which killed more than 300 people.
Following Friday’s quake, seismologist Alessandro Amato said: “Long term predictions would suggest that in this region, over the next ten years, we can expect a major event.”
But others maintain that earthquakes are extremely difficult to predict.
They say that this week’s court ruling would deter other scientists from speaking up for fear that they could come under similar scrutiny.
Italy’s civil protection agency warned the judgement had left “paralysis” in disaster prevention.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.