Italy, Switzerland and Austria have banned the sale of anti-flu vaccines by Swiss drug-maker Novartis.
The move follows a report by Novartis of small particles in the vaccine. The pharmaceutical giant has said it is confident its flu vaccines are safe.
Anne-Claire Siegrist, President of the Swiss Vaccination Commission, said the jabs are not dangerous:
“The only potential risk, as we’ve seen in past years with the flu vaccine, is that particles can cause a slightly worse inflammation in the hours following the vaccination.”
When asked what she advises patients who have already had the vaccine, the president of the Swiss Vaccination Commission said:
“Those who’ve already been vaccinated have nothing to worry about, there is nothing to date that gives us any reason to think there is a problem. But just to be sure, we are asking doctors to wait a day or two or three until we can say, for sure, that there is nothing to worry about.”
The move comes as drug-makers are struggling to meet demand in Switzerland, where it is estimated only 1 million of 1.3 million doses ordered will be delivered.
The vaccines concerned are Agrippal, Fluad and Influpozzi.
- 1Hungary summons French ambassador over border fence row
- 2Protesters angry over destruction of ‘Mephistopheles’ in St Petersburg
- 3Ukraine: angry clashes as bill adopted granting more autonomy in the east
- 4French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius slams Hungary’s ‘migrant fence’
- 5Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 03:58 CET Brazil convicts Odebrecht Group for slavery-like practices in…
- 03:13 CET Obama pushes for more U.S. ice-breaking might in Arctic
- 03:02 CET Israel slams Palestinians’ push to fly their flag at U.N.
- 03:00 CET At least five dead from Monday’s chemical plant blast in China -…
- 23:49 CET Pope to allow all priests to forgive abortion during Holy Year
- 23:07 CET U.S. drone kills six suspected militants in Pakistan
- 23:02 CET Western-backed Syrian rebels say kill foreign Islamic State…
- 23:00 CET Cameroon involved in Central Africa ‘blood diamond’ trade – …