Three people have been arrested over an alleged plot to poison Thomas Boni Yayi, the head of state of Benin. The public prosecutor says those being held are one of the President’s nieces, his personal doctor and an ex-minister. Suspicions were aroused when Boni-Yayi felt weak and began vomiting.
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Wires > News
- 22:42 CET Colombia to offer tax breaks for development under peace deal
- 22:38 CET Germany’s Merkel signals sober separation from EU ‘partner’ Britain
- 21:00 CET Somali Islamist militants attack hotel in Mogadishu
- 20:40 CET South Sudan forces, armed groups clash, displacing civilians – U.N
- 20:15 CET Belgium arrests two over ‘terrorist’ activity
- 19:58 CET Nine drown when boat capsizes in Kenya
- 19:32 CET U.S. Coast Guard suspends search for Florida family lost at sea
- 19:07 CET Brazil’s Temer says women should retire earlier than men – paper