A ten-year-old Irish boy has made two new unexpected pen friends.
Oisin Millea found a message in a bottle from two young French Canadian girls on a Waterford beach.
The letter, written in French, took eight years to make its way to the shores of Ireland.
The young man was the centre of attention in school the next day when he proudly showed off his discovery.
The note had been signed by Charlene and Claudia, who were aged twelve at the time.
They talk about their holidays in the Quebecois village of Grand Vallee from where they let their letter set sail in a plastic Sprite bottle in July 2004.
Oisin and his fellow pupils are now trying to track down the senders of the message.
The boy has already sent an email to the pair, but their address appears to be no longer in use.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Afghanistan: Fifty dead after suicide attack during volleyball match
- 2Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 3Deadly floods in southern Morocco
- 4Violence erupts after policeman avoids charges over black teenager’s death
- 5Femen lay bare their naked opposition to papal visit
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 14Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 15Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 17Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 18Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 19Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 20Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 22:53 CET Libyan PM says government responsible for bombing Tripoli airport
- 22:38 CET Two Minneapolis men charged with conspiring to support Islamic…
- 22:06 CET Two Malian soldiers killed in landmine explosion
- 21:49 CET Eight killed at graduation party in shooting in El Salvador
- 21:39 CET Yemeni forces free eight al Qaeda hostages; U.S. says no Americans
- 21:25 CET UAE jails man for belonging to ‘secret organisation’ – agency
- 20:52 CET Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots
- 20:47 CET Two policemen injured by bomb at Shi’ite village in Bahrain