The latest economic figures from the US have confirmed that the world’s biggest economy is on the path to recovery.
Unemployment dropped below eight percent while retail sales topped estimates. The data are improving just weeks before the presidential election. So, is that a coincidence or the much anticipated result of government efforts ? We’ll discuss that with David Semmens from Standard Chartered.
Also in the programme: Germany has cut its economic growth forecast because of its eurozone partners, while there are countries, that love the euro.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Business
- 07:50 CET Nokia to name Rajeev Suri as next CEO on Tuesday – report
- 07:45 CET Standard & Poor’s affirms France credit rating
- 07:31 CET Volvo first-quarter profit in line with forecast, raises North…
- 07:19 CET Michael Dell to sell gardening firm ValleyCrest to KKR unit – FT
- 07:17 CET Two executives at units of state-run China Resources detained -…
- 07:15 CET China urban jobless rate edges down to 4.08 percent at end – March
- 06:04 CET New report calls U.S. a ‘rising star’ of global manufacturing
- 04:38 CET Wal-Mart replaces China CEO in Asia leadership shuffle