The latest economic figures from the US have confirmed that the world’s biggest economy is on the path to recovery.
Unemployment dropped below eight percent while retail sales topped estimates. The data are improving just weeks before the presidential election. So, is that a coincidence or the much anticipated result of government efforts ? We’ll discuss that with David Semmens from Standard Chartered.
Also in the programme: Germany has cut its economic growth forecast because of its eurozone partners, while there are countries, that love the euro.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 13:55 CET Dim prospects for Europe boost chances of extra money printing
- 13:25 CET Lufthansa CEO says will ‘comfortably’ achieve 2015 profit target
- 11:52 CET Swiss consumer prices fall by most in 56 years
- 11:48 CET L’Oreal trims cosmetics market forecast for 2015
- 11:36 CET Airbus orders reach 754 jets after August surge
- 11:35 CET GVC trumps 888 with 1.06 billion pounds bid for Bwin
- 10:40 CET Australia court fines Visa arm 8.26 million pounds, cites…
- 10:36 CET Mercedes-Benz August deliveries rise 53.1 percent in China