The latest economic figures from the US have confirmed that the world’s biggest economy is on the path to recovery.
Unemployment dropped below eight percent while retail sales topped estimates. The data are improving just weeks before the presidential election. So, is that a coincidence or the much anticipated result of government efforts ? We’ll discuss that with David Semmens from Standard Chartered.
Also in the programme: Germany has cut its economic growth forecast because of its eurozone partners, while there are countries, that love the euro.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Russian economy in the red as investment slumps and capital flies
- 2German economy set for strong growth, but with Ukraine overshadowing forecasts
- 3Google drones on with Titan atmospheric satellite purchase
- 4Oil prices rise due to Ukraine tension
- 5Italian management shake-up includes more gender equality
Wires > Business
- 19:59 CET Hotel group Accor held back by problems in home market
- 19:45 CET IMF board signs off on latest Portugal review
- 19:45 CET Banco Popolare says successfully closed 1.5 billion euros share…
- 19:42 CET Wal-Mart takes on money transfer companies with new service
- 19:40 CET U.S. jobless claims, factory data put some shine on economy
- 19:36 CET French government says wants top bankers to explain pay rises
- 19:34 CET U.S. judge declines to order ‘park it now’ notices for GM cars
- 19:33 CET GE industrial profit boost underscores strategy, shares up