Frank Schleck arrived at the Luxembourg anti-doping agency building on Monday as begins his bid to clear his name of doping.
The Luxembourg rider failed a doping test for a banned diuretic during the second rest day of this year’s Tour de France.
Schleck’s A and B sample confirmed he had failed a test for xipamide which does not trigger a provisional suspension according to the World Anti-Doping Agency regulations. Nonetheless cycling’s world governing body the UCI sent the case to the Luxembourg national federation, which passed it on to the country’s anti-doping agency.
After an initial hearing in August Schleck on Monday continued his defence. It is so far unclear when a final decision will be announced by the disciplinary committee.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 13EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > Sport
- 10:03 CET England FA chairman says World Cup boycott possible
- 09:16 CET Deans, Laporte to take charge of World XV to face Springboks
- 09:15 CET New Zealand to vote for challenger Ali in FIFA election
- 08:59 CET Blatter seeks re-election as scandal engulfs FIFA
- 02:37 CET Bowditch charges two ahead at Byron Nelson
- 00:58 CET Ronchi set for NZ test debut amid Watling injury concern
- 23:34 CET FIA seeks new Formula One team from 2016
- 23:25 CET Uruguay union looks to get Suarez’s FIFA ban annulled