Cycling’s world governing body the UCI have up to 21 days to come up with a response to the Lance Armstrong doping saga after receiving the damning report made by the United States Anti-doping agency.
This week USADA released a 1,000 page report in which it says Armstrong – the winner of seven Tours de France titles – played a key role in the “most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme sport has ever seen”.
UCI president Pat McQuaid said: “That will be sent in 21 days. I mean, in the legal department I’ve told them that this is a priority, that we get job done as quickly as possible, and certainly within that time frame we will be back.”
As a result of their investigation USADA handed Armstrong a life-time ban and stripped him of his tour de France titles.
On Friday race director Christian Prudhomme announced those titles will not be redistributed to the other podium finishers as the sport at the time was tainted by doping.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Dudamel’s gift of Beethoven to brotherly Bogota
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 11:48 CET U.S. break short-lived Russian world record in mixed relay
- 11:46 CET Lochte dominates medley heats after freestyle flop
- 11:13 CET Coe says IAAF angry and betrayed over doping claims
- 10:51 CET Retaining title will be tougher for Chelsea, feels Mourinho
- 10:40 CET Scudamore sees record attendance as clubs rein in ticket prices
- 09:54 CET Vietnam sponsor suffers big losses on Man City fixture
- 09:51 CET ‘Football is not ballet,’ says Mihajlovic after De Jong tackle
- 09:32 CET Bayern’s Goetze unclear about future at champions