Cycling’s world governing body the UCI have up to 21 days to come up with a response to the Lance Armstrong doping saga after receiving the damning report made by the United States Anti-doping agency.
This week USADA released a 1,000 page report in which it says Armstrong – the winner of seven Tours de France titles – played a key role in the “most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme sport has ever seen”.
UCI president Pat McQuaid said: “That will be sent in 21 days. I mean, in the legal department I’ve told them that this is a priority, that we get job done as quickly as possible, and certainly within that time frame we will be back.”
As a result of their investigation USADA handed Armstrong a life-time ban and stripped him of his tour de France titles.
On Friday race director Christian Prudhomme announced those titles will not be redistributed to the other podium finishers as the sport at the time was tainted by doping.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League: Real Madrid v Man City preview
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 5Kosovo and Florence Hardouin enjoy landmark votes at UEFA congress
Liverpool to play Seville in Europa League final
Verstappen takes Kvyat’s F1 drive at Red Bull
Cleveland set new NBA record in stunning display
Madrid celebrates football supremacy but wonders who are Real champions
Real Madrid to face city rivals Atletico Madrid in Champions League final
Wires > Sport
- 23:07 CET Rio mayor assures Olympics not impacted by graft, political turmoil
- 23:03 CET Derby favourite Nyquist to sip from Stanley Cup
- 22:55 CET British canoeist Pennie has novel answer to Zika threat
- 21:49 CET Indian Lahiri sets clubhouse pace at Quail Hollow
- 21:39 CET Khan pledges to give Alvarez a lesson in the ring
- 21:22 CET Leicester provide inspiration to the world-vice-chairman
- 20:57 CET Athletes can trust drug tests despite lab bans – WADA chief
- 20:20 CET Horse racing-For Derby hopefuls, owning horse like owning team