Cycling’s world governing body the UCI have up to 21 days to come up with a response to the Lance Armstrong doping saga after receiving the damning report made by the United States Anti-doping agency.
This week USADA released a 1,000 page report in which it says Armstrong – the winner of seven Tours de France titles – played a key role in the “most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme sport has ever seen”.
UCI president Pat McQuaid said: “That will be sent in 21 days. I mean, in the legal department I’ve told them that this is a priority, that we get job done as quickly as possible, and certainly within that time frame we will be back.”
As a result of their investigation USADA handed Armstrong a life-time ban and stripped him of his tour de France titles.
On Friday race director Christian Prudhomme announced those titles will not be redistributed to the other podium finishers as the sport at the time was tainted by doping.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 02:07 CET Federer plots his way to first-round rout
- 01:13 CET Six football players face federal charges for unruly airplane…
- 00:24 CET Hewitt extends U.S. Open farewell with a win
- 23:38 CET Federer eases into second round; others toil in heat
- 23:34 CET West Brom’s Berahino angry as dream move joins failed deals
- 23:15 CET Los Angeles named U.S. bid candidate for 2024 Games
- 23:03 CET Cruzeiro appoint former Brazil manager as new coach
- 22:40 CET Ireland take calculated risk with covert scrumhalf Madigan