Cycling’s world governing body the UCI have up to 21 days to come up with a response to the Lance Armstrong doping saga after receiving the damning report made by the United States Anti-doping agency.
This week USADA released a 1,000 page report in which it says Armstrong – the winner of seven Tours de France titles – played a key role in the “most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme sport has ever seen”.
UCI president Pat McQuaid said: “That will be sent in 21 days. I mean, in the legal department I’ve told them that this is a priority, that we get job done as quickly as possible, and certainly within that time frame we will be back.”
As a result of their investigation USADA handed Armstrong a life-time ban and stripped him of his tour de France titles.
On Friday race director Christian Prudhomme announced those titles will not be redistributed to the other podium finishers as the sport at the time was tainted by doping.
- 1Mourinho ready to manage ‘giants’ Manchester United
- 2Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
- 3The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
- 4France defender Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injury
- 5Golden State Warriors save match point in Western Conference final
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2Federer withdraws from French Open
- 3European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 4Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 5European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
Nine-time champion Nadal withdraws from French Open
Golden State Warriors save match point in Western Conference final
Mourinho ready to manage ‘giants’ Manchester United
Wires > Sport
- 23:54 CET Scientists disagree over Zika risk at Brazil’s Olympics
- 23:43 CET Northern Ireland extend unbeaten run with Belarus win
- 23:28 CET Rashford nets place in record books as England win
- 22:55 CET Euro-bound Ireland held to draw by late Dutch strike
- 22:16 CET Middlesbrough sign Danish winger Fischer
- 22:14 CET McEnroe to work with Canadian Raonic
- 21:21 CET Czechs crush Malta as Rosicky shines on return
- 20:54 CET 2014 victory has not sated Real’s thirst for glory – Ramos