Italy has been shocked by this video of police seizing a ten-year-old boy at the centre of a bitter custody battle.
Officers took the boy outside his school in Cittadella, near Padua.
The footage was shot by his aunt. It has since gone viral on the Internet, and been broadcast by several top Italian television channels.
Child protection officials said they had tried to pick up the boy at his mother’s house, but she refused to allow him to be reunited with his father.
They acted on the orders of a Venice court, which recently ruled that he should be handed over.
Italy’s national police chief told the ANSA news agency that he was profoundly sorry for the way the situation was handled.
On Thursday, the boy’s mother and her supporters held a protest outside the school to voice their anger over the affair.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
Wires > News
- 05:45 CET Afghan Taliban gunmen killed after attack on Kabul guesthouse
- 05:33 CET Indonesian court delays appeal hearing of French death row convict
- 05:27 CET Vatican’s Australian-born budget chief cooperates with child abuse…
- 03:34 CET Thousands of Kosovars mourn Albanian militants killed in Macedonia
- 03:04 CET Afghan insurgents launch late-night attack on Kabul guesthouse
- 01:23 CET Libyan prime minister says survives assassination attempt
- 23:42 CET Iran nuclear deal unlikely by June 30 – French envoy
- 22:59 CET China to extend military reach, build lighthouses in disputed…