The United States anti-doping agency’s (USADA) damning report on the case of Lance Armstrong and his former US Postal team continues to send shockwaves through the sport.
In the report USADA said US Postal ‘ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen’.
Armstrong’s former lieutenant George Hincapie, who helped his compatriot to seven Tour de France titles, and Floyd Landis, who won Tour in 2006, but lost the title after testing positive for testosterone were among 11 former former team-mates that broke the code of silence and provided evidence in USADAs investigation.
In June Dr Michele Ferrari, Armstrong’s former trainer at US Postal, was officially charged by USADA with administration and trafficking of prohibited substances and was handed a lifetime ban.
While 41-year old Armstrong continues to flatly denied doping throughout his career the accusations of the elaborate doping conspiracy have arguably cast the biggest cloud of suspicion over the entire sport to date.
After the report was released Armstrong said on twitter he was unaffected by it but in the light of the accusation and the damning testimonies of his former team-mates Armstrong now cuts a very lonely figure.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 11Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 08:25 CET Pacquiao shoulder surgery a success
- 07:08 CET Spanish league to block RFEF plans to suspend competition
- 04:48 CET Beijing snuffs out suburban BBQs in pre-Olympic smog fight
- 03:09 CET Federer falls under Kyrgios spell in Madrid exit
- 00:31 CET Mesmeric Messi nets double as Barca romp past Bayern
- 00:15 CET French League investigates 15 players for betting offences
- 22:54 CET McIlroy plays down rivalry with Masters champion Spieth
- 21:44 CET Spanish RFEF to suspend competition over TV law