The United States anti-doping agency’s (USADA) damning report on the case of Lance Armstrong and his former US Postal team continues to send shockwaves through the sport.
In the report USADA said US Postal ‘ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen’.
Armstrong’s former lieutenant George Hincapie, who helped his compatriot to seven Tour de France titles, and Floyd Landis, who won Tour in 2006, but lost the title after testing positive for testosterone were among 11 former former team-mates that broke the code of silence and provided evidence in USADAs investigation.
In June Dr Michele Ferrari, Armstrong’s former trainer at US Postal, was officially charged by USADA with administration and trafficking of prohibited substances and was handed a lifetime ban.
While 41-year old Armstrong continues to flatly denied doping throughout his career the accusations of the elaborate doping conspiracy have arguably cast the biggest cloud of suspicion over the entire sport to date.
After the report was released Armstrong said on twitter he was unaffected by it but in the light of the accusation and the damning testimonies of his former team-mates Armstrong now cuts a very lonely figure.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 8Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 9Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 10Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
Wires > Sport
- 02:05 CET Windies board rejects call for new deal in World T20 row
- 01:50 CET Zika virus leaves Kenya undecided about attending Rio Olympics
- 01:38 CET Win over Liverpool was one of West Ham’s greatest – Bilic
- 00:40 CET Australia to trial black seam on pink ball for day-night games
- 23:59 CET Honours go to Ogbonna as last-gasp West Ham advance
- 22:55 CET Dortmund reach semi-finals as fans stage ticket protest
- 21:04 CET Russia captain Shirokov joins CSKA Moscow
- 20:34 CET Real’s Marcelo to miss Roma trip after shoulder injury