The fiesta is over. In 2013, the Spanish ministry of education will slash 60% from its contribution to Erasmus financial aid for Spanish recipients, a cut close to 21.5 million euros.
Between 2011 and 2013, the cumulated decrease will amount to 75% of the budget (47.5 million euros). In the meantime, the overall budget for education will have been cut 31%.
In 2013, each Erasmus scholarship recipient will recieve between 100 and 120€ per month from the ministry, a spokesperson said.
Two others contributors fund the Erasmus financial aid scheme. The European Union gives 133€ per month to Spanish recipients. Autonomous communities of Spain also help their students; for instance Catalonia gives local recipients 200€ a month.
Spain, with almost 36,200 recipients is the country that sends the most students in Europe. It is, however, also the country that welcomes the most Erasmus students, about 37,500 per year.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 02:28 CET U.S. calls for speedy inquiry into Thai mass grave
- 01:59 CET Gunman in Mohammad cartoon attack in Texas monitored for years
- 01:10 CET U.S. voices concerns to Myanmar party head on race, religion bills
- 01:08 CET Opposition supporters clash with security forces in Guinea
- 00:56 CET France, Saudi Arabia – Iran nuclear deal must avoid destabilising…
- 00:24 CET Britain can’t impose its agenda on EU – Juncker
- 23:04 CET Britain can’t impose its agenda on EU – Juncker
- 22:30 CET Central African Republic opens forum that aims to end conflict