11/10/12 15:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The fiesta is over. In 2013, the Spanish ministry of education will slash 60% from its contribution to Erasmus financial aid for Spanish recipients, a cut close to 21.5 million euros.
Between 2011 and 2013, the cumulated decrease will amount to 75% of the budget (47.5 million euros). In the meantime, the overall budget for education will have been cut 31%.
In 2013, each Erasmus scholarship recipient will recieve between 100 and 120€ per month from the ministry, a spokesperson said.
Two others contributors fund the Erasmus financial aid scheme. The European Union gives 133€ per month to Spanish recipients. Autonomous communities of Spain also help their students; for instance Catalonia gives local recipients 200€ a month.
Spain, with almost 36,200 recipients is the country that sends the most students in Europe. It is, however, also the country that welcomes the most Erasmus students, about 37,500 per year.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
French parliament debates controversial labour laws as street protests grow
Presidential hopefuls Trump and Clinton shape up as they head for the November 8 showdown
Aleppo – hopes a truce is only “hours away”
TTIP: French president Hollande says France will say no to EU-US trade deal “at this stage”
Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Wires > News
- 19:57 CET Kenya says arrests key member of militant group plotting attacks
- 19:48 CET MSF slams major U.N. powers over hospital attacks
- 19:47 CET Israeli who abducted, killed Palestinian teen gets life term
- 19:22 CET Exclusive – Differences over missile defence, fine print snag…
- 19:05 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 17:47 CET Tajik Islamists’ lawyer goes on trial on fraud, extremism charges
- 17:41 CET As U.S. rotates generals in Europe, job is prevent new ‘Cold War’
- 17:33 CET Niger tells Europe it needs 1 billion euros to fight illegal…