The United States Anti-Doping Agency revealed on Wednesday that seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong was engaged in the biggest doping conspiracy in recent sports history and added it would soon release details of its findings.
The organisation said it would submit more than 1,000 pages of supporting information, including the testimony of 11 of Armstrong’s former US Postal Service team-mates, to the International Cycling Union, which has 21 days to appeal.
In August, The 41-year-old chose not to pursue the case, prompting authorities to ban him from major cycling events for life.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 17:46 CET Injured Ibrahimovic ruled out of PSG’s season opener
- 17:43 CET IAAF denies accusations of widespread doping
- 17:24 CET Suarez has extra motivation, says Barca boss Enrique
- 17:21 CET Palestinian West Bank soccer team to play in Gaza for first time…
- 17:19 CET Latham hits maiden ton as rampant New Zealand level series
- 17:14 CET Britain’s Peaty breaks 50 metres breaststroke world record
- 17:13 CET Cipriani’s World Cup hopes alive still after new bail date
- 15:36 CET Van Gaal faces many questions as season looms