France’s lower house has overwhelmingly approved ratification of the EU fiscal pact despite opposition from left-wing lawmakers.
The treaty, which should see European states keep to stricter budget requirements, will come into force on Janaury 1 2013.
The law passes to France’s upper house on Wednesday and should be adopted by the end of the week.
Wires > News
- 07:34 CET China, Russia urge U.S. to drop Korea missile defence proposal
- 06:33 CET Iran holds run-off parliamentary election – state TV
- 06:15 CET Shanghai Hongqiao airport fire put out, two dead – state TV
- 06:07 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour -…
- 05:54 CET Japan’s corpse hotels upset some of the neighbours
- 01:43 CET Brazil’s Temer says a new government would focus on growth – TV
- 01:37 CET Mexico investigates top crime fighter over missing 43 students case
- 01:03 CET Former Nazi guard expected to break silence at German trial