Juventus coach Antonio Conte has had his ten month suspension reduced to four after winning an appeal at the Italy’s National Court of Arbitration for Sport on Friday.
Conte is currently suspended from all coaching duties including attending any of the Serie A champions’ games. In August he was found guilty of failing to report an alleged attempt to fix the outcome of a Siena game whilst he was in charge of the Tuscany club two seasons ago.
The reduced punishment means Conte will be able to resume his coaching responsibilities starting with a Serie A match at Palermo on 9 December against Palermo.
However, by then he would have missed out on ten domestic league matches and the entire group stage of the his side’s Champions League campaign.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Dudamel’s gift of Beethoven to brotherly Bogota
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 11:54 CET Top-10 finish the aim for Brazil with one year to go
- 11:48 CET U.S. break short-lived Russian world record in mixed relay
- 11:46 CET Lochte dominates medley heats after freestyle flop
- 11:13 CET Coe says IAAF angry and betrayed over doping claims
- 10:51 CET Retaining title will be tougher for Chelsea, feels Mourinho
- 10:40 CET Scudamore sees record attendance as clubs rein in ticket prices
- 09:54 CET Vietnam sponsor suffers big losses on Man City fixture
- 09:51 CET ‘Football is not ballet,’ says Mihajlovic after De Jong tackle