Juventus coach Antonio Conte has had his ten month suspension reduced to four after winning an appeal at the Italy’s National Court of Arbitration for Sport on Friday.
Conte is currently suspended from all coaching duties including attending any of the Serie A champions’ games. In August he was found guilty of failing to report an alleged attempt to fix the outcome of a Siena game whilst he was in charge of the Tuscany club two seasons ago.
The reduced punishment means Conte will be able to resume his coaching responsibilities starting with a Serie A match at Palermo on 9 December against Palermo.
However, by then he would have missed out on ten domestic league matches and the entire group stage of the his side’s Champions League campaign.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 20:04 CET Nocera would swap 14 tour wins for one British Open
- 19:35 CET Analysis – Can the spirit of the women’s game survive its growth…
- 18:49 CET Hamilton gets his hands on a proper trophy
- 17:45 CET Romanian official to quit over graft probe
- 17:35 CET Solheim Cup can boost German golf – Masson
- 17:31 CET Giro/Tour double career-changing – Contador
- 17:27 CET ‘Iceman’ Raikkonen is feeling the heat, says Massa
- 17:11 CET Bomb found at Red Star stadium ahead of game