Social media giant Facebook has hit the symbolic target of one billion users the company announced on Thursday.
It also claimed 600 million mobile users in the potentially ultra-lucrative market sector that Facebook has yet to find a money-spinning magic bullet for.
Yet the architecture is there, and with the top three user groups identified in booming Brazil, India and Indonesia the share price rose two percent as investors responded favourably.
- 1Kazakhstan’s currency plunges after central bank abandons USD peg
- 2China’s ‘Black Monday’ a symptom of wider malaise in the world’s second largest economy
- 3Chinese problems lead to plunging markets
- 4European shares tumble as China panics investors
- 5The currency war intensifies after China devalues the yuan
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 5Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Why World Elephant Day matters
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19Migrant crisis pushing Greek island of Kos to the limit
- 20Who are the six EU countries with shortest memories on migration?
Wires > Business
- 18:46 CET Fed hawks acknowledge market turmoil may delay rate hike
- 18:30 CET Moody’s cuts 2016 global growth forecasts
- 18:01 CET Europe can handle future crises without IMF – bailout fund chief
- 17:58 CET Facebook must obey German law even if free speech curtailed -…
- 17:48 CET Investors pull record $29.5 billion from equity funds in…
- 17:26 CET Think-tank WEF calls for rethink of anti money-laundering rules
- 17:21 CET Ashley Madison parent company CEO quits after infidelity data hack
- 17:06 CET Inflation impact of Fed rate hike a bigger issue outside …