Social media giant Facebook has hit the symbolic target of one billion users the company announced on Thursday.
It also claimed 600 million mobile users in the potentially ultra-lucrative market sector that Facebook has yet to find a money-spinning magic bullet for.
Yet the architecture is there, and with the top three user groups identified in booming Brazil, India and Indonesia the share price rose two percent as investors responded favourably.
- 1Former Greek finance minister confirms there was a secret ‘Grexit’ plan
- 2Golden shot: China shocks the commodities market with reserves revelation
- 3Fiat Chrysler recall 1.4 million vehicles in the US over hacking fears
- 4High flyers: how to succeed in the satellite navigation sector
- 5Chinese markets in free fall
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Business
- 17:57 CET New BoE policymaker’s hedge fund interests to face scrutiny -…
- 17:51 CET Step aside, here come Europe’s hot economies: Spain and Ireland
- 17:36 CET Starwood reaches out to potential bidders – sources
- 17:01 CET BAE Systems says still waiting for expected combat jet orders
- 16:44 CET FTSE hits one-week high as energy shares rally
- 16:37 CET Ryanair says won’t accept IAG offer for Aer Lingus until mid-August
- 16:33 CET Start-up British brokers get lift from market volatility
- 15:52 CET UK recovery boosts Santander revenues, but Spain lags