Social media giant Facebook has hit the symbolic target of one billion users the company announced on Thursday.
It also claimed 600 million mobile users in the potentially ultra-lucrative market sector that Facebook has yet to find a money-spinning magic bullet for.
Yet the architecture is there, and with the top three user groups identified in booming Brazil, India and Indonesia the share price rose two percent as investors responded favourably.
- 1Air France meets pilots for first time since violent protest
- 2IMF and World Bank annual meeting underway in Lima
- 3Ferrari ‘could push for 12 billion euro valuation’ in IPO
- 4Italy becomes world’s largest wine producer ahead of France
- 5Volkswagen boss apologises to US Congress for diesel emissions scandal
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Business
- 04:31 CET Mexico expects first results in Volkswagen probe in three months
- 01:02 CET Exclusive – GE nears deal to sell over $30 billion of loans to…
- 23:20 CET VW brand faces full-year loss on scandal costs – sources
- 22:00 CET Fed still plans rate hike this year, but not committed
- 21:23 CET Greece may return to economic growth in the middle of 2016 – EU
- 20:26 CET Hastings Insurance IPO priced at 170 pence a share
- 20:20 CET SABMiller declares new savings goal in defence against AB InBev
- 20:00 CET Leading economies agree plan to fight corporate tax avoidance