Social media giant Facebook has hit the symbolic target of one billion users the company announced on Thursday.
It also claimed 600 million mobile users in the potentially ultra-lucrative market sector that Facebook has yet to find a money-spinning magic bullet for.
Yet the architecture is there, and with the top three user groups identified in booming Brazil, India and Indonesia the share price rose two percent as investors responded favourably.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Romania buys into bitcoin big time
- 2Turkey’s high-speed rail link opened between Ankara and Istanbul
- 3Faltering Russian economy to take further hits from surprise interest rate rise
- 4Israeli tourism, Saudi stocks and surprises from Facebook
- 5Russia ordered to pay record compensation to Yukos shareholders
Wires > Business
- 14:59 CET UniCredit to receive 3 binding offers for Pioneer unit…
- 14:51 CET U.S. economy rebounds strongly in second quarter
- 14:33 CET Germany’s SMA Solar cuts jobs after profit warning
- 14:27 CET Holcim, HeidelbergCement see 2014 profit rise though Quarter2…
- 14:26 CET Holcim, HeidelbergCement see 2014 profit rise though Quater2…
- 14:25 CET Holcim, HeidelbergCement see 2014 profit rise though Q2 disappoints
- 14:16 CET Schneider first-half sales disappoint on weak utilities
- 14:13 CET FTSE steadies, weaker miners offset bank rally