First it was roads, now Google are mapping reefs.
Photos of six stunning underwater locations have just been released, among them Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and the Apo Islands.
Divers with the Caitlin Sea Survey are using special cameras to take about 50,000 images as they swim around the Barrier Reef.
The pictures will be combined into high-resolution panoramic scenes, allowing website visitors to go on a virtual dive.
They will also provide invaluable information about the state of health of the reef.
- 1Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control
- 2Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things
- 3Samsung Galaxy S6 vs HTC One M9: smartphones just got smarter
- 4Do you know: how will drones change the world?
- 5Australian turtle tracking aids understanding and conservation
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris