First it was roads, now Google are mapping reefs.
Photos of six stunning underwater locations have just been released, among them Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and the Apo Islands.
Divers with the Caitlin Sea Survey are using special cameras to take about 50,000 images as they swim around the Barrier Reef.
The pictures will be combined into high-resolution panoramic scenes, allowing website visitors to go on a virtual dive.
They will also provide invaluable information about the state of health of the reef.
- 1Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 2Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 3Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 4Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 5Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 12EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 13How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news