The International Circle of Light Festival has opened in the Russian capital. Centred around Red Square, landmark buildings were lit by a spectacular light show.
Heavy rain did not dampen the spectacle. One spectator said, “I think the rain adds to the effect. After the birth of the world comes rain”.
The theme of this year’s festival is the “Energy of Life”. Spherical installations represent evolution from the big bang to present day.
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.”
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.“
This year’s event will take place over five days and include 800 different shows at several locations around Moscow.
Latest world news
Ex-Chad president sentenced to life in prison for crimes against humanity
German weekend football dominated by AfD chief’s ‘racist’ Boateng comment
Germany: Storm leaves several dead including teenage girl and firefighter
Mexican footballer Alan Pulido ‘very well’ after kidnap ordeal ends
Washington pays tribute to US military casualties at Memorial Day concert
Wires > News
- 13:45 CET Philippine troops kill 54 Islamist militants in the south
- 13:44 CET Germany plans draft law on nuclear storage costs in August
- 13:43 CET Brazil’s anti-corruption minister criticizes Petrobras probe -…
- 13:36 CET China protests to Indonesia over seizure of fishing vessel
- 13:33 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 13:33 CET Suspected al Shabaab fighters kill 3 village elders in Kenya -…
- 13:32 CET German police hold flights at Cologne-Bonn airport over security…
- 13:27 CET Chinese worker wounded in Pakistani bomb attack