The International Circle of Light Festival has opened in the Russian capital. Centred around Red Square, landmark buildings were lit by a spectacular light show.
Heavy rain did not dampen the spectacle. One spectator said, “I think the rain adds to the effect. After the birth of the world comes rain”.
The theme of this year’s festival is the “Energy of Life”. Spherical installations represent evolution from the big bang to present day.
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.”
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.“
This year’s event will take place over five days and include 800 different shows at several locations around Moscow.
Latest world news
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
‘We need everything’, Ecuador quake survivor tells euronews
Air strike kills dozens in Syrian refugee camp
Playing for Palmyra – Russia holds a concert in the ruins
Dozens dead in air strikes on camp for internally displaced in Syria
Wires > News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:58 CET Air strikes on camp for displaced Syrians kill 28, monitor says
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 19:03 CET Acting Irish PM Kenny sets vote on re-election for Friday
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…