The International Circle of Light Festival has opened in the Russian capital. Centred around Red Square, landmark buildings were lit by a spectacular light show.
Heavy rain did not dampen the spectacle. One spectator said, “I think the rain adds to the effect. After the birth of the world comes rain”.
The theme of this year’s festival is the “Energy of Life”. Spherical installations represent evolution from the big bang to present day.
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.”
This child described what it was like to watch, “I love this show, especially the fireworks. And I love the images on the ball, the earth and the sun.“
This year’s event will take place over five days and include 800 different shows at several locations around Moscow.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 3Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 4Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 5Armoured vehicles flying Russian flags roll into Slovyansk in Ukraine
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 20:34 CET Iranian negotiators reject hardline criticism of nuclear talks
- 18:55 CET 22 reported killed in clashes over Central African Republic town
- 18:48 CET India’s Modi says committed to no first use of nuclear weapons
- 18:26 CET Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles trying to cross from Syria -…
- 18:14 CET Abductors of Nigerian schoolgirls pretended to be soldiers -…
- 18:12 CET Ex-bin Laden ally turns key witness in U.S. terrorism cases
- 17:41 CET Pakistani Taliban end ceasefire with government but say talks…
- 17:39 CET ‘Super tax’ on African remittances hurts development – thinktank