Spain was in the headlines once again as it has just introduced new austerity measures causing Spaniards to hit the streets in protest. Italy is also feeling the heat despite praise from the OECD for its efforts. Economist Grant Lewis of Daiwa Capital Markets in London joins us to analyse the situation in those two countries.
Also on the programme; the Paris Motor Show, which is also being overshadowed by the European crisis.
Wires > Business
- 16:04 CET Volvo Car Group says retail sales rise 11.3 percent in April
- 15:49 CET Ailing Hugo Boss to cut rent costs, focus on menswear
- 15:31 CET BMW says staff defections have not decimated electric cars team
- 15:26 CET Porsche picks new R&D chief as suspended Hatz quits
- 15:15 CET Sainsbury’s to double number of Click & Collect sites
- 15:05 CET New drugs help sparkling Pfizer results; company raises 2016…
- 14:25 CET GE wants become big player in offshore wind, eyes Adwen takeover
- 14:12 CET UK manufacturing unexpectedly shrinks in April as EU vote…