A 51-year-old man has become only the seventh person in France since 1945 to have a wrongful conviction overturned.
Loic Secher served seven years in jail after being wrongly convicted of raping a 15-year-old girl in 2003.
The former farm worker has been awarded 800,000 euros compensation.
Latest world news
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
Six days on, survivors are found in collapsed Kenya building
‘We need everything’, Ecuador quake survivor tells euronews
Air strike kills dozens in Syrian refugee camp
Playing for Palmyra – Russia holds a concert in the ruins
Wires > News
- 04:06 CET Singapore, Australia to jointly develop military training areas
- 03:57 CET Air strikes hit camp in Syria, U.S. condemns Assad statement
- 02:13 CET Obama, Mexican president discuss immigration, anti-drugs fight -…
- 01:59 CET Philippine fishermen favour strong president to end China’s…
- 00:31 CET Trump says Britain would be better off without EU – Fox News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote