The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1The Shark bites: Nibali sprints to victory in stage 18 of the Tour de France
- 2Barcelona pay record sum for 30-year-old Mathieu
- 3Football: Japan appoints Javier Aguirre as new manager
- 4‘Never give up’: euronews talks to potential Invictus Games competitors
- 5LA Lakers signing Lin holds training camp in Taiwan
Wires > Sport
- 03:58 CET Australia surprise themselves as supersuit record beaten
- 03:56 CET No turning back for expansive Brumbies in Sydney
- 01:16 CET No more ‘cut-throat’ grand tours, says Wiggins
- 00:58 CET Pinto quits Costa Rica after ‘sleeping with enemy’
- 00:57 CET Pinto quits Costa Rica after ‘sleeping with enemy’
- 00:35 CET Wenger bemoans Arsenal’s pre-season tour schedule
- 23:53 CET Hamilton hopes to agree new deal this year
- 23:30 CET Scotland’s Murdoch wins shock gold in the pool