26/09/12 07:57 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League: Real Madrid v Man City preview
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 5Kosovo and Florence Hardouin enjoy landmark votes at UEFA congress
Liverpool to play Seville in Europa League final
Verstappen takes Kvyat’s F1 drive at Red Bull
Cleveland set new NBA record in stunning display
Madrid celebrates football supremacy but wonders who are Real champions
Real Madrid to face city rivals Atletico Madrid in Champions League final
Wires > Sport
- 02:26 CET Israeli Beck sets flawless pace in Alabama
- 02:01 CET Indian Lahiri one-shot back of Quail Hollow leaders
- 01:39 CET Coe under pressure to get Russia to Rio – former WADA chief
- 01:03 CET Spurs close in on Wembley stadium move
- 00:35 CET Winger Mahrez tells Leicester he wants to stay
- 23:07 CET Rio mayor assures Olympics not impacted by graft, political turmoil
- 23:03 CET Derby favourite Nyquist to sip from Stanley Cup
- 22:55 CET British canoeist Pennie has novel answer to Zika threat