26/09/12 07:57 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
- 1Euro 2016: Portugal, Poland and Wales through to quarter-finals
- 2Euro 2016: Hungary win Group F, Iceland and Portugal also reach last 16
- 3England exit via Iceland; Italy knock out holders Spain
- 4Euro 2016: Perisic winner for Croatia stuns Spain
- 5Euro 2016: Griezmann saves France blushes, World Champs Germany in cruise control as Red Devils of Belgium too hot to handle
PSG appoint Emery as new coach
Messi quits Argentina after Copa America defeat to Chile
Europeans dominate final day of Budapest Judo Grand Prix
Russia end European Fencing Championships on golden not
Judo: Youthful Japanese team sound Rio warning bells after dominant display at Budapest Grand Prix
Wires > Sport
- 18:01 CET Irish fans to get medal for Paris craic
- 17:47 CET Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil’s Olympic squad
- 17:37 CET Phelps pulls out of 100m freestyle at U.S. trials
- 17:30 CET Red Dragon inspires Bale ahead of Belgium showdown
- 17:06 CET France fans want more kisses for Griezmann’s boot
- 17:00 CET Radwanska settles in for afternoon of TV tennis
- 16:56 CET Coachless Berdych battles to four-set win at rain-hit Wimbledon
- 16:52 CET Poland midfielder Krychowiak to join PSG – reports