The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 17:55 CET Sterling is the best young player in Europe, says Rodgers
- 17:06 CET Pitstop blunder ruins Massa’s race
- 14:58 CET Lotus progress halted by gearbox gremlins
- 13:27 CET McLaren woes continue in China
- 13:15 CET Vettel chafes after orders to let Ricciardo pass
- 13:08 CET Hamilton wins Chinese GP in Mercedes one-two
- 12:46 CET Atletico playmaker Arda fit to face Chelsea
- 10:41 CET Livorno fire Di Carlo after three months, bring back Nicola