The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 16:32 CET Barcelona’s Pique relishing return of ‘angry’ Suarez
- 16:24 CET Zenit look to banish last season’s title loss
- 16:05 CET Captain relieved to handle the pressure-cooker
- 15:43 CET Lukaku lost focus as was not first choice – Mourinho
- 15:26 CET West Ham’s Morrison remanded over assault charges
- 14:39 CET Sri Lanka drop Chandimal and Mendis for Pakistan series
- 14:33 CET Former Palestinian midfielder killed when bomb hits his Gaza home
- 14:32 CET Soccer World Cup lifts German beer sales