The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1MotoGP champion Marc Marquez welcomed home after victory in Malaysia
- 2Wozniacki leaves the racket at home to run the New York Marathon
- 3Former Swedish international and Sheffield Wednesday player Klas Ingesson dies at 46
- 4South African mourns three sporting heroes
- 5Russia unveils 2018 World Cup emblem
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 3Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 4Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 5European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 10Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 11What to expect in “The World of Ice and Fire,” George R.R. Martin’s new book | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 18Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 19US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > Sport
- 16:33 CET Defiant Pellegrini won’t change ahead of derby
- 16:29 CET Suspect in killing of South Africa national soccer captain arrested
- 15:56 CET Villa will end goal drought, says manager Lambert
- 15:41 CET Bale ruled out of Real’s La Liga game at Granada
- 15:25 CET Callejon could get Spain call-up, Del Bosque hints
- 15:20 CET Angry Granada coach rips up paper that ‘misquoted’ him
- 14:38 CET Costa back for Chelsea as Mourinho urges Spain caution
- 14:24 CET City’s Silva ruled out for up to a month with knee injury