The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Champions League: Chelsea and Real Madrid advance to last four
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Jamaican sprinter Simpson handed 18-month ban for doping
- 5Marathon des Sables: El Morabity celebrates third stage win in a row
Wires > Sport
- 05:46 CET Wallabies to test World Cup campaign on end-of-year tour
- 02:55 CET Voices of gratitude, defiance at Boston bombing memorial
- 01:30 CET CAS blasts Jamaica over sloppy anti-doping procedures
- 00:58 CET Podolski double gets Arsenal back into top four
- 23:41 CET Luton back in Football League after five years
- 23:10 CET Argentina’s Arsenal dismiss coach sooner than expected
- 23:09 CET Phelps’s return greeted with shrug by fellow Olympians
- 22:20 CET Camoranesi sent to the corner for criticising teacher