The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:46 CET Dunga names former team mates as Brazil assistants
- 21:44 CET Newcastle lead the Premier League jet-setters
- 21:28 CET Vorm, Davies to Spurs in Swansea swap for Sigurdsson
- 21:23 CET Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- 20:49 CET I’m not heading to PSG, says ex-Juventus boss Conte
- 20:47 CET Luxemburgo returns to coach Flamengo for fourth time
- 18:53 CET It’s a family affair for British Virgin Islands swimming team
- 18:51 CET Majka closes in on polka dot jersey as Nibali gains more ground