The Winter Olympics, in the Russian resort town of Sochi, is 500 days away and organisers have unveiled the games slogan. Hot.Cool.Yours.
Officials say the slogan represents a “universal solution that reflects Russia’s national character, the brand values of Sochi 2014, and also the progressive and innovative approach to organising and hosting the games.”
Russia hopes the hip slogan will bring in overseas visitors to the games with the hot and cool being references to Sochi as summer and winter resort.
Still the construction work goes on to meet the February 7 to 23 deadline.
The organising committee says 70 per cent of the infrastructure is complete.
The last Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver under the slogan “with glowing hearts” a line from Canada’s national anthem.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 12Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 13Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 16Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 20Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 00:04 CET Wigan boss Whelan sorry for ‘anti-Semitic’ remarks
- 23:21 CET Basketball – Barca, Olympiakos, CSKA reach Euroleague Top 16
- 23:03 CET San Francisco to submit bid for 2024 Olympics
- 22:11 CET Banned FIFA official charged with fraud, money-laundering
- 19:16 CET Iniesta back in training before Sevilla clash
- 19:15 CET Captain Creevy returns as Pumas make four changes versus France
- 18:37 CET Stevens gets his F1 chance with Caterham
- 18:35 CET Ebola-ravaged Guinea overcome odds to reach Nations Cup