Renato Grbić is a fisherman on the Danube who casts his net for people. In fourteen years he has hauled 25 from the murky waters who jumped from the Pancevo Bridge in Belgrade in an attempt to kill themselves.
The 51-year-old has rescued people of all ages, social background and gender.
He has been dubbed, “Superman of the Danube” and now given a hero’s plague by the city authorities.
Latest world news
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Syria: Russia ‘seeks truce for Aleppo’ after wave of deadly bombings
Collapsed Kenya building ‘had no occupancy permit’
Wires > News
- 19:08 CET German official denies report on foreign policy shift on Israel
- 18:52 CET Police fire tear gas, detain 200, in Istanbul May Day scuffles
- 18:33 CET Saudi Arabia kills two militant suspects in southwest, arrests…
- 17:57 CET Anti-immigrant AfD says Muslims not welcome in Germany
- 17:49 CET Brussels airport departure hall reopens after deadly bombings
- 17:47 CET Pope condemns paedophilia as details of girl’s death shock Italy
- 16:59 CET Donald Trump says Republican race all but over if he wins Indiana
- 16:04 CET Foreign minister reaffirms Japan’s economic ties to Thailand