Renato Grbić is a fisherman on the Danube who casts his net for people. In fourteen years he has hauled 25 from the murky waters who jumped from the Pancevo Bridge in Belgrade in an attempt to kill themselves.
The 51-year-old has rescued people of all ages, social background and gender.
He has been dubbed, “Superman of the Danube” and now given a hero’s plague by the city authorities.
Wires > News
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course
- 20:21 CET France says new Europe needed after Brexit ‘explosive shock’